Vengda 116c toy came in today

Ronald art

Air-Valve Autobot!
the real cheap vengda 166c came in today and it looks and feels real good for a 35 euro airbrush or better spray gun
it came in a simple but effective plastic box complete with hose and 2 different connectors that I have no use for but still and it comes standard with the 0.5 nozzle fitted to the brush and a 0.3 + 0.8 nozzle set up .
swapping nozzles out is as easy as with the Iwata eclipse a drop in nozzle and a 0.8 replacement for the 0.5 nozzle cap
the back handle is a simple black plastic handle and looks real cheap but no surprise there and the needle spring is stiff but that is not a real problem with the pistol grip trigger
DSCN1469.JPG DSCN1470.JPG DSCN1471.JPG
I not played with it but I will do a bit later today

I had to play with this toy and I admit it is not easy to work with a trigger like this when you are used to normal airbrush triggers :D
first thing I tested was the mac valve : to me it was easy to dial it in to the right pressure this airbrush needs to spray good the compressor is set to 40 psi and that was to much for this brush so I turn the mac all the way in and no air came out as expected and I started to slowly open the mac till air started to come out the brush gives a perfect spatter pattern when it gets minimum air pressure and after I turned the mac further open the paint started to flow better and the spray pattern widened up to about 1/2 inch + overspray
I used the paint I always use etac efx straight from the bottle and this paint is way to thin for a 0.8 nozzle but I knew that when I put it in
the trigger action : well what can I say about it other than it is all or nothing but this could be me not being used to this type of trigger so I leave that in te middle
DSCN1472.JPG the upper lines I did try to regulate the paint flow with the trigger and with the mac valve but this is not an airbrush it is a micro spray gun and it will do just fine for large coverage and spraying micro pearl metallic

I had to play with this toy and I admit it is not easy to work with a trigger like this when you are used to normal airbrush triggers :D
first thing I tested was the mac valve : to me it was easy to dial it in to the right pressure this airbrush needs to spray good the compressor is set to 40 psi and that was to much for this brush so I turn the mac all the way in and no air came out as expected and I started to slowly open the mac till air started to come out the brush gives a perfect spatter pattern when it gets minimum air pressure and after I turned the mac further open the paint started to flow better and the spray pattern widened up to about 1/2 inch + overspray
I used the paint I always use etac efx straight from the bottle and this paint is way to thin for a 0.8 nozzle but I knew that when I put it in
the trigger action : well what can I say about it other than it is all or nothing but this could be me not being used to this type of trigger so I leave that in te middle
View attachment 59464 the upper lines I did try to regulate the paint flow with the trigger and with the mac valve but this is not an airbrush it is a micro spray gun and it will do just fine for large coverage and spraying micro pearl metallic
Looks like it’ll do the job you bought it for Ron, so that’s good. I think sometimes people overlook the cheaper brushes for priming or simple coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and today I found out I can adjust the needle spring tension so that is a big plus for this cheap brush and @SiRoxx you are right and I admit I didnt trust this airbrush brand till @Vladimir stated that Vengda had improved the materials and had changed to the drop in nozzles
And it is only for spraying micro pearl metallic's and simple coverage I will never use it for art work unless it is custom artwork on bike parts
the best part is the fact my airbrush compressor has no problems what so ever to keep up with this brush

I was wondering this from the start of this thread... What is a difference from Vengda and Fengda? Cause I was googling Vengda and I couldn't find it, but google also track my search results so maybe google just skipped Vengda. I use Duckduckgo lately, but I can't find it either with it.

the real cheap vengda 166c came in today and it looks and feels real good for a 35 euro airbrush or better spray gun

the back handle is a simple black plastic handle and looks real cheap but no surprise there and the needle spring is stiff but that is not a real problem with the pistol grip trigger

Congrats Ronald! I hope it will serve well.

How do you find trigger mechanism work? Smooth movement all the way or not?

Why do you call it Vengda? Original chinese brand's name is Fengda:)
(That's fun. While I was typing this post, the question was already been asked:)).

Are you sure that back handle is just plastic? Maybe it's aluminum or brass that's blacked? Olympos made aluminum back handles and I first thought it was plastic for its light weight and appearance, but right after looking inside it was clear it was metal.

I thought like you did, to buy this model for some custom spray works, where mini spray gun is not required and you need rather spray gun than an AB with top trigger system.

I stand corrected on the brand name and I blame my blind spot and being dyslectic for the mistake it is indeed Fengda
@Vladimir the trigger has a stiff spring but it works all the way smooth but the spring tension can be adjusted as I found out this morning

As I stated in an earlier post - I have no experience with this particular Fengda. glad that you are finding that it will meet your needs! Love when that happens. I do have a few other trigger brushes though. It took me a minute to get used to the different feel of using the trigger, as well as the air on/paint initiation step in the trigger movement, but found that with a little practice, I could actually get some pretty decent fine lines (I was kinda surprised by this!). The entire pistol grip, trigger thing makes them bulky enough that they would not be something I would reach for to attempt detail work - but, this is most probably my own personal preference kind of thing.

iwata ktrn-1.jpg

I remember one of our forum member which attached plastic like for mini guns cup on his airbrush when he need more paint. Unfortunately I forgot which one it is and who knows where that picture is...But he did modified that cup somehow so he can use it with his airbrush. I am just thinking out loud. He did it on H&S if I am not mistaken.

@DaveG I think I could get those lines with the 0.3 set up but it would be hard to get those thin lines with the 0.8 setup and to be honest I dont want to spend any time trying to get fine line from this brush I have enough airbrushes that will do fine lines without any problems but I admire your trigger control with that brush :D

DaveG's comment made me look at this brush again and test the trigger once more , like I said the spring tension can be adjusted but only a little and not enough to suite my trigger finger so I pulled the brush apart and removed the needle spring to see how long it is and what diameter it had and if I could replace it with a softer spring .
it turns out I dont have a replacement spring at hand so I just cut a few coils from the Fengda spring and but the brush back together the trigger now has a softer feel to it and I know thew spring will get softer when I use it more I will not cut it any further

I remember one of our forum member which attached plastic like for mini guns cup on his airbrush when he need more paint. Unfortunately I forgot which one it is and who knows where that picture is...But he did modified that cup somehow so he can use it with his airbrush. I am just thinking out loud. He did it on H&S if I am not mistaken.
Pretty sure that was Jurian in one of his H&S brushes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the H&S colani can be upgraded with a 50 ml plastic cup I am not sure if that big cup would fit the fengda tho
and I just found a downside of the fengda : the space between the trigger and the macvalve is real narrow and my finger just fits but I have small hands and I am not sure if someone with big hands could get their finger on the trigger

Back