Very cheap basic beginner kit needed

O

Oznewbie

Hey ppl.

I'm thinking of getting a cheap airbrush kit to see if I enjoy it.

Thinking of wanting to do helmets, skateboard, toolboxs maybe even trying out canvas perhaps ?!

Will this do ?
What size needles/tips will I need ?
Were do you get colors etc ?

Thanks guys ! Absolute newbie here !!

Hey ppl.

I'm thinking of getting a cheap airbrush kit to see if I enjoy it.

Thinking of wanting to do helmets, skateboard, toolboxs maybe even trying out canvas perhaps ?!

Will this do ?
What size needles/tips will I need ?
Were do you get colors etc ?

Thanks guys ! Absolute newbie here !!

You need to tell us roughly your location and what it is you have your eye on, make a few posts so you can put up a link to what your thinking, doing tool boxes and skateboards and that sort of thing generally require smaller tip sizes due the fact that these are small items, but for beginning 0.3 and above would be easier for the beginner.

Also there is a search button on the top of the page because I know this question has been asked at least 10 times.

But if you buy cheap that is what you get cheap, If you buy a good airbrush Like H&S , Badger ,Iwata than you will have better luck with learning to airbrush.
But you are not going to just pick up an airbrush and master pieces you have to learn the basics too .

So make an intro , tell us where you are from and a little about why you want to airbrush.

perhaps he'd be better off buying used? If you spend the whole time trying to make a cheap disposable brush work I guarantee you won't like airbrushing. Unfortunately, it's not snobbery in airbrushing to say such things, it's really fact. However, I have seen people make cheapies work, but most of them had plenty of experience and knew how to fix them quickly or if they were worth it in the first place. For me, the hardest part begining to learn was getting the airbrush to work long enough to do anything with it. I can't understate how frustrating that can be.

Ask around. Maybe someone you know could lend you theirs or even sit in while you start. Man that would have saved me a lot of time!

Otherwise, Harbor Freight sells a $16 one. It blows paint out the end of it. Not much more youo can ask for that little money. I bet before your done you'll be lookin for a name brand unit. ;)

Back