Very important question...please help :(

D

Decryptionally

Hey guys, I am a total noob at compressors and all. Just got a compressor and airbrush for christmas, looking to get into it...I just got a HPC6060 compressor (hyundai) and the instruction manual shows nothing but how to attach the wheels and handle, and a part list. Can anyone help me set it up? I have the wheels and handle on haha. I just have no idea what I am doing. There is a section called Initial break-in procedure, and then start up, but it just lists what to do but with tons of parts I have no idea what they are O_O. Here is what it says:

Inition Break-In Procedure:
1. Make sure the regulator knob is turned fully counter-clockwise. <------- Where is the regulator knob...?
2. Plug it in. <---- Got that
3. Open the drain valve in order to allow air to escape and prevent pressure from building up inside the tank. <---- Ummm what? Where is the drain valve...?
4. Turn on/off switch to on. <--- got it
5. Allow the compressor to run for about 15 minutes. <--- Okay....
6. Close the drain valve, allowing pressure to build to the cut-out pressure. The compressor will shut off automatically. <------ once again, where tf is the drain valve..?
7. Use the compressed air in the tank with an approved attachment, or allow it to bleed out. <-------- MMMK....

Start Up:
1. Make sure regulator knob is fully contuer-clockwise.
2.Plug the power cord in.
3. Turn on
4. Allow the compressor to reach the cut out presser. <---- How do I set the cut out pressure...? Whats a good pressure for airbrushing on paper?
5. Attach a hose. <--- K
6. Adjust regulator knob to desired pressure. <--- wheres that...?

Sorry, I am a TOTAL NOOB, I just want to paint.... Thanks a ton if you can help...

Edit: manual link http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/be/be71844b-38ac-4442-962c-b88048210f7e.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know this compressor but there should be a nob in between two gages turn that Knob counter clockwise .
If there is a tank the drain should be some where on the bottom if you can't find it turn the compressor on and as it starts to fill the tank you will hear the air turn it to close. hope this helps Merry Christmas and have fun

Pete

I don't know this compressor but there should be a nob in between two gages turn that Knob counter clockwise .
If there is a tank the drain should be some where on the bottom if you can't find it turn the compressor on and as it starts to fill the tank you will hear the air turn it to close. hope this helps Merry Christmas and have fun

Pete

before I go any further and do those two, it came with a hose and the hose doesnt fit the compressor nor my airbrush on either sides...wtf....

was there an adapter in the box?
With what, the compressor? No idea, it came with like 400 pieces and stuff...ugh. What kind of adapter? Theres some gold pieces or something that dont fit neither the hose or compressor...

go to the other thread....let's isolate the conversation to one lol..... it's to early to multi task.

Back