Very stupid question

Diegojavbau

Air-Valve Autobot!
I have an Iwata Revolution CR with a needle of 0.5

This number means that the AB is designed to paint 0.5 mm width lines as minimum standart ?
Or is just the needle size and the minimum width lines is different ?

When you stop laughing and respond I will explain why I ask this , LOL

I have an Iwata Revolution CR with a needle of 0.5

This number means that the AB is designed to paint 0.5 mm width lines as minimum standart ?
Or is just the needle size and the minimum width lines is different ?

When you stop laughing and respond I will explain why I ask this , LOL

The 0.5 simply means that the opening of the nozzle is half of one millimetre, it will have an effect on the width of your painted line, but you can get a line that is a little thinner than that by lowering pressure and moving quickly.

The question isn't as stupid as you think, because even if you should know yourself there some extreme beginners who don't know, so the question and indeed the answer is relevant however silly it may sound.

I would guess the reason you asked is because you surprised yourself with a thinner line?, lol

In fact , I still having troubles to control the flow of my airbrush , i'm working on that combining different paints , pressure , reducers , cleaning the airbrush more often , ( everything is new for me and I "studying" how to make the airbrush do what I want)
I spend most of the time cleaning the tip of the needle so I was thinking that maybe I'm trying to paint thinner than the AB was designed for and is that way I can't get no satisfaction (chan chan , chan nan nan) with the results I get

In fact , I still having troubles to control the flow of my airbrush , i'm working on that combining different paints , pressure , reducers , cleaning the airbrush more often , ( everything is new for me and I "studying" how to make the airbrush do what I want)
I spend most of the time cleaning the tip of the needle so I was thinking that maybe I'm trying to paint thinner than the AB was designed for and is that way I can't get no satisfaction (chan chan , chan nan nan) with the results I get

With a 0.5 tip you'll have difficulty controlling the flow if you thin your paint too much, also your if you drop the pressure after thinning you'll get bad atomisation and spidering will be phenomenal, I would suggest mixing your paint with a transparent medium, I now use Golden transparent base and noticed that there is practically no tip dry at all, you can also use a good reducer or small drop of glycerine at the same time, Transparent base and/or reducer seem to have the effect of making your paint flow better, I've also noticed less problem with intermittent or broken lines.

The size of your nozzle makes it easier to clean clean, most of the time you just need to run your cleaner through it, I have one airbrush with a 0.5 nozzle and one with 0.8 and I have never had to dismantle them except to lubricate them, I just run the cleaner through and then rinse with clean water and they perform great.

Your more than welcome, that is why we are here, it's not all thread jacking, LOL
thats right we are sworn to a code of helping people at least 5% of the time....that frees us up for a maximum 95% jacking

now you are talking fordy!....you know what, on the rare occasion I go to mcdonalds, instead of getting a big mac and large fries, I find it more value for money to just get 3-4 cheese burgers.....plus its more filling....so bad but so good

now you are talking fordy!....you know what, on the rare occasion I go to mcdonalds, instead of getting a big mac and large fries, I find it more value for money to just get 3-4 cheese burgers.....plus its more filling....so bad but so good

Not sure if they have it on the other side of the pond or not but the Black Angus BACON burger with pepper jack on it ROCKS!!!!! Bacon makes every thing better...

unfortunately I'm english.....wendys baconator is like another language.......a language I've never spoken but know I would like the taste of

McDonalds It is even better than the Wendy's Baconator!

Over on my side of the states we have what is called a Double Double with Cheese Animal Style with Animal Style Fries to go with that and washed down with a Chocolate Shake!!! Wooooooo Hoooooo In n' Out is where I am talking about!!!!!! Awesome greasy fast food!!! Puts McDonalds and Wendy's to shame!!!!

I have to stop reading this thread... I miss good food LMAO. I miss MY burgers the most. Cant wait to be able to cook again!

Back