Vikings are coming!

Z

ziplague

Greeting to all from Sweden.
I'm zippy, a multilingual electronics engineering student but artist at heart. I dabbled in many art forms at one time or another, from figure drawing, anatomical studies, watercolor, oils, matte painting, digital art, 3d art, sculpture/modelling, photography, marbling, charcoal, etc... I'm no pro but art keeps me sane.
I'm 24 now, chaotic life circumstances kept me relocating from one part of the world to another, from the warmest regions to some of the coldest, so i ended up with 5 languages and still learning. I can speak/write/read English (obviously :)), French, Russian, Arabic, Swedish, and a bit on Ukrainian.

Anyway, enough bragging :), i'm here cus i recently discovered airbrushing while restoring a vintage bike salvaged from a dumpster (you won't believe what Swedes throw away on a weekly basis), of course i knew that airbrushing existed (lol) but i never considered giving it a go, slipped my mind.

To cut the story short, i am researching equipment configurations for the time being and carefully planning an indoor spraying booth large enough for bike frames, so look for my posts in other threads if feel you can help me out :)
So cheers and spread the love :D (LOVE those youtube videos).

PS: I will probably be the only airbrush artist in my area!

Welcome home Zippy. Nice to have you here and look forward to seeing your work.

Welcome to the family!!! You seem to know what and how your gonna do it and that's great!! Wish I could speak a few languages, but that's my own fault, lol!

Josh
"Sometimes you have to let one slip......just to remind people your $#!+ really does stink ;)

Welcome to the forum from the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

that's amazing that you can speak so many different languages, here in South Africa we have ELEVEN official languages, (including english) I can speak two of them, greet in another 3 of them to the extent that they think I am fluent and I then have absolutely NO ideas what they are saying next (unless they use a swear word or three) :) But it is always a good laugh.
well done

Välkommen! There are a few swede's here. Me being one of them. =)

Välkommen! There are a few swede's here. Me being one of them. =)

Cool :)
Var bor du? Jag bor i Gävle.
Do you have time to help me out in finding the right places to buy necessary equipment online? Maybe we can open a threat for Swedish suppliers so we don't ruin this thread.

Sure, sounds like a good idea. Im from Eskilstuna.
I just created a new thread in Retailer Reviews section called Swedish Suppliers, would really appreciate it if you could point me in the direction of some airbrush and compressor suppliers :)

Hej ziplague! Välkommen!! Do you live at Gävle? OMG!! Inspite of beeing Portuguese, I've studied at Högskolan i Gävle.. :D I lived at Sätra, more exactly at Glaciärvägen!! :D
U MUST BE JOKING! :D i live in Glaciärvägen !! omg, what a small world we live in. Damn :D
Did you go back to Portugal?

U MUST BE JOKING! :D i live in Glaciärvägen !! omg, what a small world we live in. Damn :D
Did you go back to Portugal?

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! SERIOUSLY!!! I lived at the building that has a basketball field behind, I don't remember the number now. Yes, at this moment I live at Portugal, but I'll return to Sweden this year, before September. :D I can help you with Swedish retailers ;)

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! SERIOUSLY!!! I lived at the building that has a basketball field behind, I don't remember the number now. Yes, at this moment I live at Portugal, but I'll return to Sweden this year, before September. :D I can help you with Swedish retailers ;)

Dude, definitely hit me up when you're around the area! I think by then i would have a very nice spray booth/shop going on, so yeah, could be fun :D
Awesome! :D

Dude, definitely hit me up when you're around the area! I think by then i would have a very nice spray booth/shop going on, so yeah, could be fun :D
Awesome! :D

I'll go to Stockholm, but I think I can visit you and have a chat!! And go to ICA Kvantum, buy some meat and do a barbecue!! :D

I'll go to Stockholm, but I think I can visit you and have a chat!! And go to ICA Kvantum, buy some meat and do a barbecue!! :D
Sure! I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. BTW, i posted a new thread called Bike Frames / Thick Paints in the compressor section, check it out, might be able to help me out :)

Back