W.i.p

S

silverstar

How is my detail coming along . Been working with erasing , shading on long angles . Adding real features from reference and working inside a stencil outline
esahysem.jpg

Can't is not an excuse .

Youre getting there, keep working to lose the stencil feel, soften the edges a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks , i was working on that and will continue to

Can't is not an excuse .

Looking really good! Agree with Wayne, soften your edges. When i use a stencil, I paint very very lightly around the edge, so that I can create my own (if that makes sense) alot of the skull stencils I have, I usually end up taping off the cracks in the head, and the marks above the teeth, they seem to be over exaggerated. Then I free hand the rest. Just how I do things :subdued:

I get where your coming from Meeshell , there is a lot i tape off too , some of the detail is hard for me to follow .
Other than hitting it too hard initially ive tried to change the lines and details to make it my own .
Thank you for the advice

Can't is not an excuse .

I get where your coming from Meeshell , there is a lot i tape off too , some of the detail is hard for me to follow .
Other than hitting it too hard initially ive tried to change the lines and details to make it my own .
Thank you for the advice

Can't is not an excuse .

That is how I figured out skull stencils didn't work for me. I kept hammering them too hard, losing my reference, and losing track of where and how the details went. I had to cut my own from paper, lightly dust, then build it all freehand. Don't know if this was a bought or homemade stencil. Artool and the others just weren't working for me. Now I just transfer with graphite paper, on paper and board, and go all freehand. Maybe the occasional use of a shield for hard lines. But not often.Could be I am just too lazy to use them.

Its one from airsick , i use them to just speed the process along .

Can't is not an excuse .

Back