WAIL ! - I broke my Airbrush - SOB

• Thread starter worldofglasscraft
  • Start date
W

worldofglasscraft

I can't believe my luck.
Using Medea Textile paints and have had difficult with some colours.
Black, White and now Blue. Straight out of the bottle these three colours clog up the crown, and I can't understand why.
Mix 3 to 1 (water) and these 3 colours spread everywhere in exploding firework like spiders shapes.

So today, mixed blue 4.1, painted eye ( second attempt) and crown clogged.

Maybe Medea Textile and me just don't get on.

Cleaned out my blocked Eclipse CS and on doing so jabbed the back of the needle into my palm. Hit a nerve point and the reflex action was to......

Well, I am only just shy of 6' 2" but it was a long way down even in the slow motion action that my eyes saw as my AB SLAMMED crownless Point first into the marble slabs in my kitchen.

I can't actually type what I said as I heard what I thought was the nozzle tip and needle bend at what must be 30 degrees nor can I adequately describe that feeling as I knew I had mucked up big time.

So I examined it and you wouldn't have to be an airbrush engineer/repairman to known that it was "Mucked" big time.

So I phoned airbrushes.com and got replacement parts, the new needle £10UK, the new nozzle £20.75UK plus postage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it safe to assume that "Mucked" is deliberate spelling mistake? You don't have incriminate yourself by giving an answer, Just nod.

I hope you get sorted soon, the prices are unbelievable, if you lob it 4 times you've got a new airbrush.

nod
nod
nod
nod

Say no more, I know where your coming from, I'm one with your dilemma, I'm on the same wavelength, I hope the kiddies weren't around at the time.

I started something new today, and I have also had clogging problems the whole day, might be the weather, since I'm using different paint also drastically reduced.

It's all twilight zone stuff.

youve got marble slabs in your kitchen, wow!

Is that the best you can do Ran the man, you could at least offer a comforting word, even if you don't mean it, lol

And I suspect the marble slabs might just be changed to shag pile.

Oh crap, sorry to hear what happend. I also dropped my Neo one time but i was lucky it didnt land on the nozzle and needle.
The prices for replacement parts are really unbelievable , i also had a look for replacement parts for the Neo in german online shops.
I only found one shop that sells the needle and the nozzle here for the Neo and i was shocked lol. A needle was 15 Euros that was still ok.
But then a Nozzle 39 Euros. For comparison if you have a Revolution airbrush from Iwata thats also a entry level one, the nozzle would be 17 Euros grrrr.
So spare parts for a Neo are same price range as if you had a Micron lol, in USA i seen the spare parts for the Neo are really cheap.
Oh and the biggest joke is if i would want to buy a new Cup for the Neo it costs almost as much as the whole airbrush costs with the small and the big cup in the package lol.
The parts for my H&S Evolution are fairly cheap even, a needle 10 Euros and a Nozzle 16 Euros, and a 5 ml Cup 10 Euros ( Neo 5ml cup is 51 Euros lol ) . But thank god the Evo cup
also fits the Neo if i need one anytime :)

some advice to you amateurs, wolfman and madman, if your starting a new masterpiece, always clean your airbrush well, it only takes a few minutes and it is worth it, ive screwed up to many pics from crap like that, lol i hired someone just to clean my airbrush before i start and she usually gives me a massage during my creations:hopelessness:

Is that the best you can do Ran the man, you could at least offer a comforting word, even if you don't mean it, lol

And I suspect the marble slabs might just be changed to shag pile.

im am truely sorry bout your airbrush, i know you were probably pissed at the time, i hope things get better for you, but you should have been more prepared, really. usually when i drop my airbrush in the house it just sticks in the dirt floor, thanks to advances in modern technology, i can just get some water out of my indoor well and wash it off. i dont mean to harp on you but maybe you should check your compressor, i just recently upgraded mine from a shark bladder, to the deluxe whale bladder model with built in regulator, all im sayin is just be patient and be more careful, weve got to have you around to pik on. you might want to steralize that needle to , if your a mountain man like me, we often use the neddle to do repair our fish bladders when they explode, best of luck , your buddy randy

youve got marble slabs in your kitchen, wow!
Boom, Boom:unconscious:

Oh crap, sorry to hear what happend. I also dropped my Neo one time but i was lucky it didnt land on the nozzle and needle.
The prices for replacement parts are really unbelievable , i also had a look for replacement parts for the Neo in german online shops.
I only found one shop that sells the needle and the nozzle here for the Neo and i was shocked lol. A needle was 15 Euros that was still ok.
But then a Nozzle 39 Euros. For comparison if you have a Revolution airbrush from Iwata thats also a entry level one, the nozzle would be 17 Euros grrrr.
So spare parts for a Neo are same price range as if you had a Micron lol, in USA i seen the spare parts for the Neo are really cheap.
Oh and the biggest joke is if i would want to buy a new Cup for the Neo it costs almost as much as the whole airbrush costs with the small and the big cup in the package lol.
The parts for my H&S Evolution are fairly cheap even, a needle 10 Euros and a Nozzle 16 Euros, and a 5 ml Cup 10 Euros ( Neo 5ml cup is 51 Euros lol ) . But thank god the Evo cup
also fits the Neo if i need one anytime :)

I have a Neo bottom feeder so I can keep going .

im am truely sorry bout your airbrush, i know you were probably pissed at the time, i hope things get better for you, but you should have been more prepared, really. usually when i drop my airbrush in the house it just sticks in the dirt floor, thanks to advances in modern technology, i can just get some water out of my indoor well and wash it off. i dont mean to harp on you but maybe you should check your compressor, i just recently upgraded mine from a shark bladder, to the deluxe whale bladder model with built in regulator, all im sayin is just be patient and be more careful, weve got to have you around to pik on. you might want to steralize that needle to , if your a mountain man like me, we often use the neddle to do repair our fish bladders when they explode, best of luck , your buddy randy

I like dirt floors bud, Don't the have ceramics on Walton Mountain now though?
My compressor is am Iwata power series and the medea stuff seems to need high pressure to work properly.

I like dirt floors bud, Don't the have ceramics on Walton Mountain now though?
My compressor is am Iwata power series and the medea stuff seems to need high pressure to work properly.

well you should be adding more thinner than paint, you said 4 to 1, is that paint to thinner, then again i saw your practice sheets that you posted and madbrush commented on, how to control an airbrusher. you guys are funny.

well you should be adding more thinner than paint, you said 4 to 1, is that paint to thinner, then again i saw your practice sheets that you posted and madbrush commented on, how to control an airbrusher. you guys are funny.

I is using Medea Textile, pre thinned paint. I have been thinning it further with water I have tried every combination.
I did the practice sheets using food poision err colourant. and I thought they was smell for my first time

I'm nowhere near 6 ft tall LOL, but still sit down when I clean my guns and always, always have a tea towel or something soft to clean em on..Just in case..Sucks to hear m8, yesterday I had two guns decide to finally throw in the towel LOL, one absolutely blew up the back seal and the others just being a cow and I hope I can bring it back from the dead with a good clean..It is a frustrating hobby at times LOL

Boom, Boom:unconscious:

I have a Neo bottom feeder so I can keep going .

just curious , was the boom boom a gun going off, ut oh, guess i pissed you off, hope not, just trying to get a laugh, bud, dropped mine many times,, lol

just curious , was the boom boom a gun going off, ut oh, guess i pissed you off, hope not, just trying to get a laugh, bud, dropped mine many times,, lol

RAnh bud, you don't piss me of mate.

Back