Water droplets

AndreZA

Air-Valve Autobot!
Here a little exercise I did getting water droplets. I know about the spraybottle and urathane method, but what about doing it on paper. I used 2 airbrushes, one with white and one with black. It took me about 15 minutes to do this, including the shapes. I did it on wrapping paper just to help with the effect. If you do this over a plain background, I would suggest you use darker and lighter colours of that background instead of black and white.

1. cut your shapes
2. remove insides. Keep the removed bits, you will use it again.
3. spray dark paint on the inside top and light on the inside bottom.
4. add highlight over dark inside. I used a Molotow marker.
5. remove background and cover what you have done with the pieces of masking you kept.
6. add shadow at the bottom.

water_droplets_sml.jpg

Only afterwards did I notice I missed the shadows on two of the smaller drops.

This is incredible, it looks so real, when Mitch sees this I just know your going to get a gold star, excellent work, and thanks for sharing

Very good work Andreza, im going to try it out soon :)

That's great AndreZA, thanks for that, the effect is really cool, is also like the use of the background

Brilliant, would like to see it done in real time as well.

Very nice work and thank you for the lesson , I will have to give it a go.

Nice and simple! I heard of this using a hole-punch, but I never had a chance to give it a try. Now I think I will! Right on.

cool, seen it done by spraying water on hard surfaces, then spraying paint on it,and letting the water dry, ect ect. this would be good for any surface. nice work.

cool, seen it done by spraying water on hard surfaces, then spraying paint on it,and letting the water dry, ect ect. this would be good for any surface. nice work.

I think you might just have seen our very own Svee do that on youtube, cool technique but looks like a lot of work.

if mr svee has done one then i,m sure i have seen it. think i,ve watched all 96 or so of his. thanks to mr svee for all of his work. anything i can learn from others helps me so much. they say you learn from your mistakes, you learn quicker from others mistakes, but the best way is just to learn from others who have already learnt from others mistakes.

Technique with water droplets and solvent based paint won't work on paper, couse paper would soak up watter. Beside that, that technique can be used only as an added effect on a surface. If u want to have control where and what shape of watter dropplets u want, u just have to paint them.

Technique with water droplets and solvent based paint won't work on paper, couse paper would soak up watter. Beside that, that technique can be used only as an added effect on a surface. If u want to have control where and what shape of watter dropplets u want, u just have to paint them.

I'm so glad you told me this, I was just about to try this on 80g printer paper for the competition:confused:

Back