Waving a hand from Kentucky

Kentucky Steve

Young Tutorling
I'm Steve, I live in western Kentucky and I'm a total newbie at airbrushing, but I'm anxious to learn. I can do rattle can art, but I want to step it up to airbrush. I have the equipment, been watching videos, and I'm ready to go. :)

Welcome Steve. Glad to have you aboard.
I’m pleased to hear to talk about posting what you get up to. I was amazed how much help came from folks being able to see problems I didn’t even know I had! It’s always my first piece of advice.

Welcome.
would very much like to see your rattle can art.

Many years ago I was in Sydney at Darling Harbour and watched a rattle can artist there. The landscapes he created were amazing.

Welcome Steve. Glad to have you aboard.
I’m pleased to hear to talk about posting what you get up to. I was amazed how much help came from folks being able to see problems I didn’t even know I had! It’s always my first piece of advice.
Having others look at your work is the best way of learning .

Belated welcome from Australia :)
We’re all here to help where possible.
What gear have you got so far?
Hey Jack, so far I have two Paasche airbrushes, a few Master airbrushes, a couple of portables with the battery operated compressors, a double piston, a four piston, and a couple of kit compressors. U.S. Art Supply Acrylic paints, and a couple of other brands of airbrush paints. Reducers such as 4011, cleaners, stencils, and an assortment of tools. I have an Iwata airbrush on the way, and it should be here Monday. :)

Welcome.
would very much like to see your rattle can art.

Many years ago I was in Sydney at Darling Harbour and watched a rattle can artist there. The landscapes he created were amazing.
I haven't forgotten about the rattlecan art, it's just going to take me a while before I can get to it.

Hey Jack, so far I have two Paasche airbrushes, a few Master airbrushes, a couple of portables with the battery operated compressors, a double piston, a four piston, and a couple of kit compressors. U.S. Art Supply Acrylic paints, and a couple of other brands of airbrush paints. Reducers such as 4011, cleaners, stencils, and an assortment of tools. I have an Iwata airbrush on the way, and it should be here Monday. :)
Which Iwata did you go for Buddy? Just being nosey, that’s all.

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay. At first, you'll find about 25% of the battle with airbrushing is the actual brush you are using. The rest is going to be figuring out paint reduction and practicing technique. It's a journey, but it's worth it! Keep watching videos and listening to advice. Keep an open mind.

Once you figure out the latter, the hardware becomes more important.

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay. At first, you'll find about 25% of the battle with airbrushing is the actual brush you are using. The rest is going to be figuring out paint reduction and practicing technique. It's a journey, but it's worth it! Keep watching videos and listening to advice. Keep an open mind.

Once you figure out the latter, the hardware becomes more important.
Thank you Karl. I've been downloading Youtube videos as MP4's and watching them over and over, so I'm studying them. I did the same with rattle can art several years ago. :)

Back