Well, it's a start...

Ryck

Needle-chuck Ninja
I finally got my bottle of 4011 reducer so I decided to do a little bit of touch up on my plane project. There were some glue lines that had dried a dull white color so I painted over them with some jet black paint to cover them up. I could not have ever had this kind of control with rattle cans and painter's tape. It was a short job but it was fun and exciting to mix my first paint cup of paint and spray something. Since I needed the fine lines, I used my new H&S Ultra for the job. I am so amazed at how easy it was to clean up afterwards.

I am looking forward to getting the storage case I ordered. I think that I will be using a lot of space for bottles of paint as I have now collected 29 bottles altogether. I got the Createx paint set today and I had already bought a dozen or so at Walmart. @crazyvet also included 8 bottles of paint with the MA G23 airbrushes he sent. Yes, I said airbrushes as he totally surprised me with 2 MA G23 airbrushes. What a guy!!! :thumbsup:

I am going to set up my practice board tomorrow. I bought a 16x20 picture frame with glass so I can mount a practice sheet behind the glass to guide me. That ought to be fun.

So, here is a picture of my balding self in action with the airbrush. My wife took the picture per my request. :)

Airplane Touchup.jpg

Those H&S nozzles are a lot easier to deal with, aren't they? I love mine

Amazingly easy to clean. I put the cap, nozzle and paint cup in my new ultrasonic cleaner and that really worked well. I just ran warm water through the other parts after I removed the needle. I have a set of the brushes so I used them as well. I don't guess I can clean the body of it with the ultrasonic cleaner... or can I ?

Amazingly easy to clean. I put the cap, nozzle and paint cup in my new ultrasonic cleaner and that really worked well. I just ran warm water through the other parts after I removed the needle. I have a set of the brushes so I used them as well. I don't guess I can clean the body of it with the ultrasonic cleaner... or can I ?
If the brushes you are referring to have the metal core then proceed with caution, they can damage the airbrush. Using ‘interdental brushes’ are a safer option, they’re available in varying sizes. The smallest one ‘0000’ fits into the tune of my side cup

If the brushes you are referring to have the metal core then proceed with caution, they can damage the airbrush. Using ‘interdental brushes’ are a safer option, they’re available in varying sizes. The smallest one ‘0000’ fits into the tune of my side cup

Thanks for your input. I do have 2 sets of the brushes as well as the wires. I cleaned the cap and nozzle in warm water with a little Dawn in it. That seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for your input. I do have 2 sets of the brushes as well as the wires. I cleaned the cap and nozzle in warm water with a little Dawn in it. That seemed to do the trick.
A long bristle artist brush does a good job of helping to push softened paint out of the tiny nozzles without risking damage.

Back