What airbrush setup should I get? (specific goals mentioned)

UPDATE!

I have the airbrush supplies! Iwata HP CS, Power Jet Pro compressor, threaded hose and E'tac PS paints.

One final concern I have is paint thinning. I read that E'tac is good to use right out of the bottle but you still might need to thin it. I've read that you can use water mixed with alchohol but I'm not entirely sure if I should do that or get a bottle of acrylic thinner. On USAirbrush where I bought the paints, there is a section for chemicals to add tot the paints but I really don't understand what they despite the product description.
Congrats on finally getting some gear together, there are many ETAC fans here.
Try the paint straight from the bottle, you'll be surprised how good it flows, especially in the CS.
IF you need to thin it just use distilled water. no need for alcohol, they actually recommend you don't (read the FAQ's on the ETAC site https://etac-airbrush.com/faq.php)
as for the additives, these are all used WITH water in varying ratios
Extend-Air : 50/50 with your water. : for those who wish to use low PSI or thinner artist color.
Condition-Air: reduce the drying time. adjust water ratio to requirements.

And another plus for Etac, you clean your brush at the end of the day with..... WATER... lol

You'll still obviously have a learning curve with your new acquisition, but ETAC will make it a lot easier than the Createx curve

stick some paper to a wall, Fire up the compressor, get the PSI to around 25 (with trigger depressed on your airbrush) throw some paint in the brush and just play around with dots, lines, squiggles, shading and anything else you can think of, it will give you a feel for how the airbrush will respond.
just remember, not every paint line on your page needs to be done with the trigger pulled ALL the way back.

Yep, just some water with Etac, there’s no need for anything else with that particular paint. But don’t be afraid to get going. The airbrush you’ve bought is a tank! Of course it can be damaged, but it is designed to be a pretty hardy unit. Grab a practice sheet from somewhere and sling some paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back