What Airbrush should I buy?

L

Leatherrepairguy

I am not an Artist! I wish I was. I actually respray Car interiors Leather, Vinyl and fabric. I would like to start using an airbrush but do not know what airbrush or compressor to purchase. I was told to try this from Amazon its not expensive but since I am new I thought it might be the way to go.
HMini Touch-Up HVLP Spray Gun with 1.0mm Fluid Tip and Plastic Cup
Can someone help with some info?
Thanks in advance!

TCP Global
HMini Touch-Up HVLP Spray Gun with 1.0mm Fluid Tip and Plastic Cup

Hi there, that really isn't an airbrush. What do you want to do with the airbrush and what do you want to spray? Different set ups are needed for some paints, standard createx really needs a 0.5mm needle while Createx Illustration is good with a 0.18mm needle...

Hi there, that really isn't an airbrush. What do you want to do with the airbrush and what do you want to spray? Different set ups are needed for some paints, standard createx really needs a 0.5mm needle while Createx Illustration is good with a 0.18mm needle...

He wants to spray interior car leathers as part his leather repair service:)

I wouldnt mess with low dollar mini guns in a 1.0 or .8 nozzle. If you were going to use a 1.0mm
I imagine you are going to be using SEM to spray with??? IDK. Its the only pro product i know about for doing what youre doing.
They call for a 1.2 I believe in a full sized gun so in a mini gun youre looking at .8mm being closest to working the same in a good high end mini gun with a nice 5"-6" fan.
Generic mini guns generally have tiny fans like 2"-3" despite what they claim so id go even smaller in a low dollar mini...like .6mm. This of course slows you down but your not piling the stuff on way too heavy.
The HF purple 4oz gun is pretty good. It can go down to about an 1/8th line or so for "detail". Others ive tried that look like it are good too with the .5 tip, until you put the .8 or 1.0 in them, then they might as well be a garden hose.

If you do need .8 or 1.0 in a mini Id definitely consider spending at least $150 on the gun.

If you want to use an Airbrush Id say probably one of these
https://www.amazon.com/GSI-Creos-Procon-Trigger-Airbrush/dp/B0007U92MU

He wants to spray interior car leathers as part his leather repair service:)
Yup, I got that... but is there more than just a one colour application... might be custom pictures as well... :p

Back