What brush?????

T

Tufty

I'm looking at getting a new airbrush, what I need to know from you guys is what brush/brushes you use and a small review on it.

I'm looking at using it for detail with autoair and com art. .15 needle I was hoping so quite fine.

my budgets about £180. I was thinking of a H & S infinity but been getting mixed reviews.

i would be grate full if you could have your say.

thanks in advance Tufty.

VELOCITY OR KROME . but people says eclipse from iwata is good, but if you find iwata micron second hand shop it would nail everything

You can't beat a micron!!!! But you can beat the price with a Khrome, or I guess a velocity. I have said it before and I'll say it again, the velocity is a dark gunmetal color. The velocity and Khrome are virtually the same gun and I would Definitely spend the extra coin to get the Khrome because it is, well its chrome and I think it will be easier to clean because the chrome cup rather than the dark cup on the velocity. But other than that you can't really go wrong with either IMO. Just one thing to consider.

Josh

it's not to difficult to clean the velocity, just throes your colour off a bit if you are mixing in the cup.... £180 you can get two for that money check out tcagraphics in chicago, you can pick 1 up for £55 quid without case or bout 64 with case....although I paid for one without and the dude sent me a case, hose adaptor and a different nozzle....only thing was there was a backlog at uk customs took 4 weeks door to door but as I say the entire wait was our side of atlantic

I have one H&S Infinity 0.4 and 0.15 combo, and I really like it.. It gives you a great paint flux, it is only a matter of time to control it. But is exactly the same with other good brands.. time to control them.. There is a lot of good artists using H&S.. So in your case is a matter of budget. If I had to buy it now, I would do it again without any regrets.

Best regards!...And may the airbrush be with you! :D :D

I agree with Jedi......I own two Infinity's awell as some other brands.....I can't complain about any of them, they all do the functions they were bought for.....the Infinity is the most versatile airbrush I own, they are capable of the finest detail and are easy to clean and you can put anything through them with minimal problems. For the relitively small price, Infinity does it for me....

Thanks all it appears that either brush would be a good choice, what temps me with the H and S is watching Svee with his guitars as that's the sort of detail I would like to do. I have a iwata hp c + at the moment it may sound funny but can't seem to connect with it and I think its now psychological and just don't feel it lol. I think the change in brush will be the next step in my art quest! Lol. Call me nuts if you want! Lol

What's the second hand market price for iwata hp c+ nowdays? I do know its worth more than a pound and a bent badger needle so forget that offer lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Infinity is an awesome brush surprised you don't like the c+ what are your issues with it? It is a great AB maybe your dislike could be changed you can also put hp-b+ head assembly on the c+ to give you a .2 setup. But I'm not sure your gonna have all your issues fixed with purchasing a new AB. I literally own 14 AB's all different brands and models the only brush I own more than one of is 2 iwata hp-bcs, iwata and H&S are my favorites out of the bunch. If you have the money to spend the Infinity is the way to go they have there new CR line out if I was you that is what I would buy. You will find that you will end up using both your ab's. You will also have two quality brushs plus you will have more options as far as nozzle sizes. I feel that you should try other brushs and also feel that you will happy with the infinity and it's detail. Note when you get into super fine detail things get complicated as far as paint mixure, air pressure, and user skill the pre set handle on the harder steenbeck was a nice thing when I first started it's memory feature allows you clean out and save you setting. I just don't want you to expect that your gonna get a smaller nozzle size and it just running super detail with ease cause the hp-c+ can spray crazy detail. Just some food for thought.

You can have the example of Sandi Baker. She uses H&S, Infinity and the Evolution and you can see the excelent works that she has. Airbrush Wildlife Art Sandi Baker arbeitet mit der Evolution - YouTube .. I really don't know the issue that you have with the Hp-c+.. I have one too, and it's a top airbrush.. Stricly is right, don't think that detail is only about nozzle size and diameter.. You have to play with paint mixture and air pressure.. Try other brushes to see which one of them you feel move confortable.

I have a cheap unbranded chinese ab that I had as part of a kit and I find I'm picking that up more than my hp c plus, there is something just not right feeling wise I'm abnormal probably. Lol. I have used most paints can get detail with the hp c plus but its not consistant. I'm currently using auto air and have fallen for that paint. Tip dry is 3 x better than wicked detail. S m designs have sent all the tech on it for reduction and its spot on. So I've found the paint. I'm going to fund a new compressor after the AB as the one I have has no reservoir so will run constant at 35 psi but I would like to achieve 40 to be able to see the difference and achieve stable air pressure. Thanks for all your help. Infinity cr plus 2 in 1 is looking like the favourite at the moment.

Regards

Tufty

If it is the case, change the compressor..In your case better than a stable pressure, is a better range of pressures to work. Pressure and paint mixture is very important. Leave the chinese airbrush and do all your work with the hp-c+ and the H&S if you acquire it.

I have to agree with Jedi here....if you're going to invest on something....then let it be the compressor. I also had issues with a constant running small compressor and not able to use for longer time or get finer detail in my work......so i bought myself an Bambi 24 LTR Tank compressor and i have to say that this changed a lot for me, big difference like between night and day. Also noticed that i can accomplish much finer lines then i was able to do before....maybe also a lot of practice in it....but for sure i would keep all airbrushes you own, i am sure you'll find good use for them all in the future.

I have a 25 ltr compressor at work that I can borrow to try out thinking about it, this would be worth setting up as it has a filter and regulator just need to reduce the thread. Ill borrow that next weekend and have a play around. Ill bring some ear defenders home for the wife as well. Lol.

I have a 25 ltr compressor at work that I can borrow to try out thinking about it, this would be worth setting up as it has a filter and regulator just need to reduce the thread. Ill borrow that next weekend and have a play around. Ill bring some ear defenders home for the wife as well. Lol.

If you borrow that compressor and buy the H&S, you'll be all set to paint all the flush panel doors in your house, I've just mine 15 minutes work.

If you borrow that compressor and buy the H&S, you'll be all set to paint all the flush panel doors in your house, I've just mine 15 minutes work.

Lol, I was planning to do the garden fence 1st as the finish doesn't need to be as good.

Back