What do you think about this?

sevastra

Needle-chuck Ninja
Thinking of buy:
Iwata HP-CH, as well as the
The Badger Krome

I have used the HP-CH before and really liked it.

And this air compressor:
Scorpion II- tt w/tank

I'm still a little lost on hoses and if i need connectors, as i have never had to connect anything up, it was just ready for use.

My main interest is fine detail, i will be doing a lot of realistic murals as well as novlity work on surfboards and skateboards. Any thoughts, opinions other ideas?

Well if you get both of those brushes you will be happy. Either one of them really. I have both. The Krome is nice and smooth and has both a .2 and .3 set up to try out. The HP-CH isa .3 but can be converted to a .2. I personally feel I can control the Iwata better then the Krome, don't know what, I just do. But I like both. because of the extra control I feel I get with the Iwata I feel like I can get better detail with it than the Krome. Again that's just me. For the price of an HP-CH or just a bit more you can buy 2 Krome's, think about that, and parts are cheaper too. Than you could have each Krome set up with each size and have spare parts too.

As for hoses. The Scorpion probably comes with a standard AB connection on it, so just mount one end of the standard AB hose to the compressor output, then connect the other end to the brush, or get a quick disconnect set which will make life easier. I am attaching a coupling pic I saved a while back should help you out. Dang that pic is small, you may have to save it and blow it up, but it will give you a good idea.

Attachments

• couplings_sml1.jpg
    couplings_sml1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 15
Well if you get both of those brushes you will be happy. Either one of them really. I have both. The Krome is nice and smooth and has both a .2 and .3 set up to try out. The HP-CH isa .3 but can be converted to a .2. I personally feel I can control the Iwata better then the Krome, don't know what, I just do. But I like both. because of the extra control I feel I get with the Iwata I feel like I can get better detail with it than the Krome. Again that's just me. For the price of an HP-CH or just a bit more you can buy 2 Krome's, think about that, and parts are cheaper too. Than you could have each Krome set up with each size and have spare parts too.

As for hoses. The Scorpion probably comes with a standard AB connection on it, so just mount one end of the standard AB hose to the compressor output, then connect the other end to the brush, or get a quick disconnect set which will make life easier. I am attaching a coupling pic I saved a while back should help you out. Dang that pic is small, you may have to save it and blow it up, but it will give you a good idea.

Ah, thank you very much :). I will think about that idea

i guess that the time issue is against the amount of money you are willing to spend!!!i am in the same situation, but decided for an iwata.

i Sevestra, i am looking to buy a new compressor, please let me know your views on the scorpion. Thank you Tonyck

Back