what do you when you are stuck

A

Alf

hello everybody its long time since i was write any thing but i have been in very bussy period but still paint now and then but now i am stuck i dont know how to further i am afraid to destroy the job i done and sudenly could i not spray i was hesitaiting and did not dare to keep on excrement its a horrible feling you lose all trust on your self please help how do i come out of this horror movie i have no clue right now lol maybe i am just crasy and i am alone to feal this or is it more that had this feling
spray all day long
:fatigue:
Alf

Alf
Push yourself , If you mess up it is only paint and you can do another one. That is what I do all the time , When I think I have pushed it as far as I am comfortable with I walk away and take a break then come back and push it some more.
The only way to better yourself is by pushing yourself and messing up a paint or ten.
So unless you do push yourself you will be stuck .

Agree with Herb but to add some thought...I've been getting away from writing blogs and such on the technical aspect of airbrushing and more focusing some thoughts on this exact issue..I think many don't understand that confidence is more important to your airbrushing than nearly anything else..For airbrushing I feel its Foundations, Stroke and knowledge=50%..Confidence=50%..

Confidence is just soooo important and everyday you see it cause airbrush artists issues in the way they post about their ability..Now if I had done the first few layers well, made no mistakes and was happy with the way its turning out, my confidence should be brimming, keep going whilst its high..Stop and involve your brain too much will begin to allow doubt to creep it, the painting gets harder in latter layers and mistakes can't be afforded...So what..You know the strokes, as a beginner artists you should have painted them thousands of times..Just paint them..

You look at peeps like VR, I won't mention other names here but you know who they are and wonder what they have that you don't..Do you think they have a natural ability to paint a dot better? Or a line straighter? No-What seperates people on the next step of their airbrushing ability is confidence..All the key strokes, foundations and layering knowledge can be learnt from the web or books or through DVDs or just good old fashion practice, but many artists don't fully realize that whilst doing all this you are training your subconcious brain to know what to do and also building your confidence as you go..having confidence in that subconcious brain is paramount because at some time you have to let it take over if your going to take that leap into painting at the level you prob desire..As soon as we stop, look too hard or over diagnose we are turning the subconcious off and re-instating the stupid part of our brains and thats the concious one..

Talking down your own work or ability is seeing this in progress..If confidence is an issue or you have not built it up right you will always self doubt, you will always make mistakes, you will be tenser than a nun at a gay pride march..Relax, don't self doubt or talk yourself into not being able to achieve something..take charge and have confidence that you've done that stroke a thousand times, turn of that blooming concious part again and finish the work :)

Soz to get all Zen but its really something you don't see discussed to often and as its such a major element of Airbrushing we really should so newcommers understand that its important to build confidence through success and sometimes doing an appropriate artwork to your own level will ensure a good build of such confidence, then as you nail your art to the level you desire your only tempted to try harder idea's, nail that the confidence will soar and then you'll just become another ****y painter LOL

Last edited:
I'd like to complain to the moderator..****y is in the engrish diary ..I should be allowed to say ****y..LOLOL

Can not agree more Rebel. I struggle with this often, even though I know it's an issues for me, it still bites me in the butt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WOW THANKS ALL i understand what i have to do and will do and i know what i want to do and when i see the paint i can see what i need to do i dont know if its comon or not but when i stand i na room for exsample i can see how its looks with another paint and how it will go to all diffrent things and stuff there is in the room its the same with the airbrush i split the paint down and see all diffrent colors and shades and all this it was only that sudenly i got this down note and my confidence whent straight to the bottom
but i see i am not alone and that is good in a strange way lol any how again thanks all aspecialy mister rebel air and Micron
:anonymous: Alf

I'd like to complain to the moderator..****y is in the engrish diary ..I should be allowed to say ****y..LOLOL

you will have to take that to a higher power then I cause Mitch has full control and not I:D

I agree, confidence is paramount. I have experienced this very thing, doubting I can do something that I have already done. Its all mental... Why on earth could I not do something I have already done? Sometimes its desire too, if your heart isnt in it, you wont do well...

I agree, confidence is paramount. I have experienced this very thing, doubting I can do something that I have already done. Its all mental... Why on earth could I not do something I have already done? Sometimes its desire too, if your heart isnt in it, you wont do well...

exsactly what you say that sucks when this come well i am glad that i am not the only one i was hesitating to write here but then i think if i cant write here i will not find a solution for the prob lol
Alf

It's not just painting this occurs and when I am so called stuck I walk away.Work on another project start something new get the juices going.
I have found over the years is its more not having a next step or a plan ,descide what you think your picture needs .Break it down what are you happy with and then what you think it needs ,develope a plan of attack step by step. I find on project I have so many ideas I don't know were to go I get frustered then I walk away and think about it. Don't get overwhelmed.Almost any mistake is fixable.
Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just painting this occurs and when I am so called stuck I walk away.Work on another project start something new get the juices going.
I have found over the years is its more not having a next step or a plan ,descide what you think your picture needs .Break it down what are you happy with and then what you think it needs ,develope a plan of attack step by step. I find on project I have so many ideas I don't know were to go I get frustered then I walk away and think about it. Don't get overwhelmed.Almost any mistake is fixable.
Good Luck
thanks for the advice towniceman and now when i got so many advice from all am i ready to go further and do what i must and also start some new projekt i was think of but i did think before make one finish and then go to next now i see the point in have several projekt going to not be stuck and go away from one and think over it sounds good to becasue i think the worst is to be standing and not do anything is more damge of your self confidence than walk away and do another projekt and come back to it with fresh eyes and do what you feel is right and as some one said the worst criticer is you self and i know i am horrble in that i would not say i am a perfectionist but not far from it when i am doing something i can accept its not perfect but i will always after see what i miss and what i should done better hmmm i am monster to my self lol
anyhow keep on spraying i know i will and soon start with mini format i mean paint on my arrows to my bow
:bull_head: Alf

Back