What is the different between createx colors.

B

Bandit

I have bought a new compressor with regulator, the highest preasure is 60 psi. When I paint with opaque yellow every thing seems fine I can do small lines and so on, but when I change to opaque black it goes a while then the airbrush spits and I get a "spider" it only happends with black even thou I decrease the psi. I start allways with 50 psi.

The same is with transparent colors, all accept black works fine. Should I shake them and if so for how long?

What is the difference between Createx original and wicked colors? Here in sweden I haven't seen wicked colors anywhere.

Thanx /*Bandit

Last edited by a moderator:
Try reducing them. If you don't have reducer just use water.

Ive only used the wicked detail white. Which I would suggest using for white. But from what I understand the wicked paint is better than regular createx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wicked is better to use on hard surfaces Bandit, since it has a different binder from what i know, its close to the Auto Air colors. Also the pigments are the same ones as used in automotive paints
so its much more lightfast when you expose your work to direct sunlight and it wont fade like normal createx classic colors. I only used Wicked so far from Createx, but from what i heard the classic
colors are also more thick then the Wicked colors. But i found out the Wicked also have to be reduced pretty much with the reducer to get a good flow.
And your pressure of 50 psi seems pretty high, like drobbins said i would reduce the paint more and try a lower setting, with a higher air pressure you also get more tip dry mostly.

I have bought a new compressor with regulator, the highest preasure is 60 psi. When I paint with opaque yellow every thing seems fine I can do small lines and so on, but when I change to opaque black it goes a while then the airbrush spits and I get a "spider" it only happends with black even thou I decrease the psi. I start allways with 50 psi.

The same is with transparent colors, all accept black works fine. Should I shake them and if so for how long?

What is the difference between Createx original and wicked colors? Here in sweden I haven't seen wicked colors anywhere.

Thanx /*Bandit
createx white and createx black are the quickest ways to push a man to drive his head through the dry wall. as a beginner and we have all suffered through this, white is especially designed to prevent the airbrush enthusiast to stop airbrushing as is black. start with three drops of white, and five drops of thinner or water or milk or whatever your using to thin your airborn imagination. record your values and adjust your psi to about 25, test and test again, it the only way your gonna learn. if your not screwing something up on a regular basis, well then you probably all ready know everything, but failure is key to your success and most importantly, dont give up , now forgive me but i have to go patch some drywall

Thanx for all your replys, I shall try with water. Right now I'm just painting on aquarell paper and other thicker paper, just to learn how to use the airbrush so I don't need wicked colors.

If you are not going to buy the reducer made for Createx of even Wicked than mix this up Alcohol 25% Bottle water 75% and for every Oz you mix add 1 drop of Glycerin that is a great home brew for reducing Createx.
For the White on any water base paint the thinner and lower pressure you can spray it the less tip dry you get, Granted it will take more passes to get 100% color but the allows you to build the colors so you get a better form of depth to the piece.
I have sprayed all of Createx lines (Createx,Wicked,AutoAir and Waterborne ) through my micron with out any problem, Also I have found on Createx that is you strain it through a piece of nylon it helps make it shoot and lay better.Remember Createx was designed to paint cloth.
Hope this helps.

As far as not needing Wicked color , Best rule of thumb learn to spray what you plan on painting all the time. It will save you money and learning time in the long run. Not all uro's shoot the same as not every water based paint shoots the same.

OK thanx, I've tried to add some water and it went fine no more "Spiders" or other misstakes (yet). I don't know if they sell wicked colors here in Sweden, haven't seen any.

If you are not going to buy the reducer made for Createx of even Wicked than mix this up Alcohol 25% Bottle water 75% and for every Oz you mix add 1 drop of Glycerin that is a great home brew for reducing Createx.

Hi Mr Micron, for alcohol do you meanIsopropanol Alcohol or do you mean Booze?

Are there other home brew recipes please?

Hi Mr Micron, for alcohol do you meanIsopropanol Alcohol or do you mean Booze?

Are there other home brew recipes please?
on the alcohol I have used both, anything over 75% on the isopropyl alcohol and Everclear 100 proof gain alcohol. there are many different home brew out there and I have tried most of them but have found that for me the bottle water (most tap water in the US contains fluoride that is why I do not use it ) 75% isopropyl alcohol and glycerin works well.
Note if you add to much glycerin you will get fish eyes.
Water by it self extends dry times so with the alcohol added in you get a faster dry time, the Glycerin is to help flow and lessen tip dry.
Some use an alcohol base window cleaner and water, other use fantastic /window cleaner and water mixture.

Thanks, i don't think window leaner would go down well on a t shirt, does the window cleaner hurt the chrome inside the AB?

If you have any links for these home brews I would appreciate you sharing them

Thanks, i don't think window leaner would go down well on a t shirt, does the window cleaner hurt the chrome inside the AB?

If you have any links for these home brews I would appreciate you sharing them

I don´t have any links yet because I'm new at this but if I find I share.. :suspicion:

on the alcohol I have used both, anything over 75% on the isopropyl alcohol and Everclear 100 proof gain alcohol. there are many different home brew out there and I have tried most of them but have found that for me the bottle water (most tap water in the US contains fluoride that is why I do not use it ) 75% isopropyl alcohol and glycerin works well.
Note if you add to much glycerin you will get fish eyes.
Water by it self extends dry times so with the alcohol added in you get a faster dry time, the Glycerin is to help flow and lessen tip dry.
Some use an alcohol base window cleaner and water, other use fantastic /window cleaner and water mixture.

Would vodka work?

Back