What is wrong ..bubbles and pulsating spray ?

C

Cinnober

Hi.
Total newbie here.

I have this problem with my airbrush as shown in video.

I have disassembled it totally and cleaned with alcohol and blown all pieces clean with air compressor.

When I put it together again, I noticed tha the nozzle could not be tightnen..it keeps turning around.

I´ve only used the airbrush to paint a 1/32 and 1/24 scale car,so it´s nearly not used. The airbrush is a CustomColor 130 with 0.3mm needle. The aircompressor is equipped with air tank (25 litres)

Air is circultaing and blowing back through the cup. The problem has to be between the cup and the nozzle. One important thing is that the head assembly needs to be airtight.

The 3 main causes of this are:
-Filth in the area between the cup and the nozzle (most often a clogged nozzle) which causes tha air to start circulating. If it cant get out of the front the only way is back which means throug the cup.

-Defective, not present "o ring" (which makes it not air tight)

-The head assembly isn't airthight (as you mentioned the nozzle can't be tightened this probably is your problem). Air being air will go where ever it can go with something not airtight in the head assembly it gets a way out through the cup and will take it.

Hi.
Total newbie here.

I have this problem with my airbrush as shown in video.

I have disassembled it totally and cleaned with alcohol and blown all pieces clean with air compressor.

When I put it together again, I noticed tha the nozzle could not be tightnen..it keeps turning around.

I´ve only used the airbrush to paint a 1/32 and 1/24 scale car,so it´s nearly not used. The airbrush is a CustomColor 130 with 0.3mm needle. The aircompressor is equipped with air tank (25 litres)

I've highlighted the main problem in bold in your text;)

Often when you think you have cleaned it, it isn't clean at all, there is obviously dirt in your nozzle and/or on your needle, cleaning has to be very very precise, otherwise this happens, this being the type of brush it is, the chances of it ever actually performing to your satisfaction are very low indeed, the fact that your cap won't stay put suggests dirt there too, it only needs to be the tiniest speck, so small that it can;t be seen with the naked eye.

Sorry to give you the bad news, but since your model painting maybe have a look at Badger airbrushes, popular among modellers, they carry a guarantee, they are very affordable and best of all they are backed up by an excellent after sales customer care service, badgers owner and president is member here and very very proud of his babies:thumbsup:

Like others have said your nozzle is blocked or head assembly isnt tight. You say the nozzle doesnt tighten? Do you mean the actual fluid nozzle. Drop a in and we can help more. Just hope the thread isnt damaged.

Lee

If the nozzle will not tighten up, thats the issue. Im assuming it is a threaded nozzle? See what is wrong with the threads, if the threads are stripped then its either a new nozzle or a new brush to fix it.

Back