What kind of cabbage am I?

M

Madbrush

Right you lot, I'm about to make your day, let's play a game called hunt cabbage, the rules are simple, all you have to is guess which useless waste of space lunatic dropped his brush on its arse so that landed hard enough to force the needle so far through the nozzle that both needle and nozzle are now one piece, you all have five guesses each, but the first 4 don't count, here is your one and only clue, let the games begin:thumbsup:
20151206_133213.jpg

I know exactly what your thinking "But Madbrush, how is that possible?" well here's what happened, I was moseying along quite happy when my brush started acting up due to some bad paint, I found my self having to remove the needle often to clean it so to save time, I left the back handle thingy off, after cleaning the needle (for the last time) I went to put my hose back on and the brush jumped out of my hand (no honestly), I immediately prayed to God, please don't let it land on its head, now God is a good God but boy does he have a sense humour sicker than mine, as the brush was racing towards the floor it turned around in mid flight and landed on its arse instead and the rest is self explanatory, obviously, this is Seamonkey's fault but I'm sure that Bastard Sean Connory had a had a hand in it too, I hate them both:(

Normally I would crying right now but I'm not for two reasons, first and most important, it was not my CM-B but my HP-BH :thumbsup: and second, I know how stupid I am (well at least I'm honest) so I took the liberty of buying spares for all my brushes when I had the chance:thumbsup: actually, I even bought spares for brushes I don't just in case:)

To all the newbies, excremente like this happens so this is to show you that it even us seasoned artists (or idiot in my case) can do it, so when it happens to you and believe me it will, just laugh and get on with it:thumbsup:

I may as well be honest, I'm only not crying cos I'm on here and I don't want you buggers to see me but as soon as I get off I'm off to the bog for a damn good yelpo_O

Maybe the needle is still okay.

I know it's a Iwata, but that is one of the reasons I think the Sotar is a stupid idea. Even with the handle on, you can still do this.

Man, that sucks. I see all kinds of pictures where people leave the back handles off when they paint. It's just a matter of time...
I would have had this happen to me twice in the past few years, but the handle was on, and avoided disaster. Like you said, at least it easy the Micron...that would have been an expensive mistake

Maybe the needle is still okay.

I know it's a Iwata, but that is one of the reasons I think the Sotar is a stupid idea. Even with the handle on, you can still do this.

The needle is bent at the back and there is a tiny hook on the front, the nozzle it's was fake one I got form Harrold's in Rotterdam, I already had a genuine spare for but was just too lazy to change it, lol, I guess I have no choice now.

This actually gives me a good excuse to try out the side feed HP I bought recently from Melbee, plus I was planning on giving all my brushes a little service before Christmas ready for a new season.

It's never nice when something like this happens but it's a damn sight easier to bear when you know you have spares as well a back up brushes.

The brush is/was performing well but I believe I had some specks in my paint causing the need to clean the needle, luckily I kept my cool and my painting is fine, at least until I mess it up myself, lol

Man, that sucks. I see all kinds of pictures where people leave the back handles off when they paint. It's just a matter of time...
I would have had this happen to me twice in the past few years, but the handle was on, and avoided disaster. Like you said, at least it easy the Micron...that would have been an expensive mistake

I can actually laugh at it but only because I do have loads of spares, I don't know why but in the summer I just got the notion to stock up on them, but I suppose I would have been a bit cheaper had I just lobbed the paint, I actually still have two needle and nozzle sets for the Micron, and set one for each of the HP's but although one is a side feed they both have the same parts.

I'll get one on the go just so as to finish what I was on with, and after that give them all a good once over, I don't know what your like but every time I do a strip down, when I put it all back together it seems to feel nicer, certainly looks better when I polish the outside of it afterwards.

As much as I love my Micron, I would love to have the same back handle that's on the HP's, I prefer the chrome finish and the shape of them.

Sorry to hear that mate, at least it's not the micron and you already have the spares.

Sorry to hear that mate, at least it's not the micron and you already have the spares.

Thanks Gary, it's already fixed:thumbsup: although I was thinking about carrying on the rest of the way with the side cup model just to try it out:)

Thanks Gary, it's already fixed:thumbsup: although I was thinking about carrying on the rest of the way with the side cup model just to try it out:)

I would be carefull trying the sb out, you'll end up loving it and want to change all your brushes over;)

Glad all is good! but your sheep might get mad as your servicing your airbrush's and not them at Christmaslollollollollollol

That's not fun.
I uderstand you as I had not less stupid situation with my HP, it fell off the holder onto tiled floor on the 3rd (or so) day it arrived. The result both nozzles (fluid&air) and heedle RIP. I hadn't as you did the spares and waited them for a month to come the US, and that costed me hundred bucks. That was my first iwata and though I had a lot of chinese ABs then but didn't want to paint with them.
I'm glad you have spares.

Glad all is good! but your sheep might get mad as your servicing your airbrush's and not them at Christmaslollollollollollol

I did say before Christmas so the sheeps can have all my attention over the festive period:thumbsup:

That's not fun.
I uderstand you as I had not less stupid situation with my HP, it fell off the holder onto tiled floor on the 3rd (or so) day it arrived. The result both nozzles (fluid&air) and heedle RIP. I hadn't as you did the spares and waited them for a month to come the US, and that costed me hundred bucks. That was my first iwata and though I had a lot of chinese ABs then but didn't want to paint with them.
I'm glad you have spares.

If I order spares here in Holland I have them the very next day but I'm just under an hours drive from any of four very good suppliers here if I'm in a hurry.

Now and again I like to visit the shops just for the hell of it, I go intending to spend 20 bucks on paper and usually end up spending a lot more, I seem to want to buy everything I see.;)

Here in Holland we have LionArt (member here), Marissa (Also member here), Airbrush Services Almera and another which I think is called Airoflex @haasje dutchairbrush does workshops there so he can confirm the name, I haven't been there yet but they will suffer my presence sometime soon:) so I have plenty of choices when I need something in a hurry.

I've been airbrushing for about four years now (I'm still excremente:malicious:) but it's only since this year I started stocking spares, I think I've just come to realise that neither me or any of my brushes are actually invincible, I've also realised that nothing is safe from my stupidityo_O

Now im feeling nervous cause i always leave the handles off these days outta pure laziness, maybe i should take heed

I would be carefull trying the sb out, you'll end up loving it and want to change all your brushes over;)

Not a problem Gary, the CM-SB is already on the hit list but that will next year around April 11 at approximately 14:12, it will be raining at precisely that day at that time, how do I know that you ask, easy, it always does, that's my luck, but do I care? course not, as long as I get home with a shiny new CM-SB, I don't care if I catch pneumonia, I felt one and now it's a must have:thumbsup:

Boiled cabbage... well, hmmm, maybe over cooked... :) Good news on the spares front! Thank you for providing us with a line to help make people feel worse about their situation... "Car dented? well at least you didn't drop you airbrush but first on the concrete..."

Here in Holland we have LionArt (member here), Marissa (Also member here), Airbrush Services Almera and another which I think is called Airoflex @haasje dutchairbrush does workshops there so he can confirm the name, I haven't been there yet but they will suffer my presence sometime soon:) so I have plenty of choices when I need something in a hurry.

It's indeed airoflex. the owner started doing workshops himself so don't expect me when you decide to follow one there :).

Ps as bad as this is I dropped a CM on it's front on a concrete floor, nozzle, needle, front part kaduuk (replacing it was over half the price of a new cm :p)

Hey Malkie!! for a minute there I was holding my breath for YOUR (not my) HP-SB+!!!!! Sooooo sorry to here about the HP-BH accident but I have to admit, for some silly reason, I'm relieved it wasn't the SB+ although all horrible accidents to airbrushes are always eye watering. :cry: Brilliant that you have spares though, good for you. I also tend to have spares for the very same reason, we never know when an accident will occur dispite the best possible care we can take. Cheers Mel

Hey Malkie!! for a minute there I was holding my breath for YOUR (not my) HP-SB+!!!!! Sooooo sorry to here about the HP-BH accident but I have to admit, for some silly reason, I'm relieved it wasn't the SB+ although all horrible accidents to airbrushes are always eye watering. :cry: Brilliant that you have spares though, good for you. I also tend to have spares for the very same reason, we never know when an accident will occur dispite the best possible care we can take. Cheers Mel

HA HA HA, Good to see you Mel, that cheered me up a bit, talk about speak of the devil and all that, luckily I haven't tried out the SB yet but plan to now, I'll keep the 0.3 in because I think that will suit me better somehow, I have held it in my hands a few times and I love the feel of it.

I posted this thread mainly so the newer guys know from the offset that these things can happen to anyone irrespective of experience and hopefully when their time comes they won't be too upset about it.

It's indeed airoflex. the owner started doing workshops himself so don't expect me when you decide to follow one there :).

Ps as bad as this is I dropped a CM on it's front on a concrete floor, nozzle, needle, front part kaduuk (replacing it was over half the price of a new cm :p)

Well there is no point to me going there if you're not there, that was the whole idea:(

Indeed, it's just not nice when this stuff happens, but it sure takes the sting out of it a bit when we have spares at hand, I've had so many mishaps in the last year I just thought it would make sense to stock up when I had the, although surprisingly I have quite lot of work until the festive season starts and after it to, the problems I was expecting didn't happen so I could easily have got parts even if I didn't have them already, I'll probably even replace the parts I've just changed to keep ahead of it all, the only spares I don't have at the minute are the 0.3 parts for Mel's brush so I'll get them at the same time.

It's definitely handy having the spares around, at worst we only lose the time it takes to change them, and little bit of our pride I guess:)

Hey Malkie!! Just remember that for the 0.3mm set up in Your/my :laugh:lol:D HP-SB+ is the only extra spare you need is the 0.3mm Nozzle. You use the 0.2mm needle for both the 0.2mm and 0.3mm nozzles. It makes life alot easier eh? One needle for both nozzle sizes :D

Yes I think you will like the 0.3mm nozzle more than the 0.2mm just like I did. It lets the paint flow sooo much better but still has a lovely atomisation, finer than the Eclipse but not as fussy with paint reduction as the 0.2mm. The joy is that you can always go to the 0.2mm if you want to and all you have to do is change the nozzle!!! Oh happy days :D
Hugs Mel :thumbsup:

Man what a bummer but at least you have a good attitude. I seem to be battling a lot of airbrush issues lately. Hope this isn't coming soon:eek::eek:

Back