what kind of degreaser to use to clean helmets inbetween coats

B

BUGSYMONTANA

i used a over the counter degreaser from autozone AND IT ATE RIGHT THRU THE PAINT ON THE HELMET I WAS PAINTING... IM SOO SOOO SOOO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW I CANT EVEN DESCRIBE THE FEELING... WHAT IS A SAFE DEGREASER TO USE TO TAKE THE GREASE WAX AND DIRT BUILD UP OFF A HELMET INBETWEEN COATS OF PAINTS?

Yeah I get that question a lot here at coast airbrush .
Here is a link to some different ones we Cary on this page . I love the five star brand . It's on the page in aerosol .
The qts and gals were takin off for a bit but they are now available again . You may have to call to order them until we get them back on the site . The five star is very popular for pinstriping as well . Other good ones are the advantage , and the House of Kolor kc20 . Here is the link
Coast Airbrush Products

Depends on what paint you use. If your using urethanes then you want to use water base degreasers. If your using water base paint then use a solvent base degreaser. Water base paint doesn't hold up as well as urethanes so you always have to be careful when you wipe them down with anything other than a dry rag.

Back