What mean's Paint Pal?

Micha der Wolf

Air-Valve Autobot!
I look in the gallery and find the category "Paint Pal". I'm not find a logical translation for me. What mean's "Paint Pal"?

It's like pen pals, you enter the event and then you get given a name of another member that you do a painting for and send it,you then recieve one fom a member.its a way of sharing each other's work all over the world:thumbsup:

Think of it as pen pals meet secret Santa.
Once a paint pal is announced you need to registered by the close off date
-your name go into a hat.
- a name will be drawn from the mystical hat on your behalf by the moderator.
- Only you and the moderator know who your recipient is,
-you're not allowed to tell ANYONE who you're painting for
- You have 4 weeks to paint something on a 5" x 7" substrate and get it sent off
- Once a recipient receives their painting they take a photo and put it up in the relevant thread for all to see.

It's fun / frustrating/ exciting all rolled into one.

Paint pal is our version of Pen pal.
Once every so often I announce a paint pal. I give 15 to 30 days to add you name into it by starting a conversation (Private message) that gives your forum name , Real name and mailing address . At the end of sign up I put all the names in a hat and assign you a person to paint a painting on a 5x7(127mm x 177mm) ,7x5(177mm x 127mm) The painting can either be something you like or as you get to know the members here something you think they would like.
You may not paint anything offensive (nude , racial , or what ever you think that someone may be offended by) I allow 30 days paint time and then it must be sent. Most start painting as soon as they sign up and send them out the day or soon after they get their paints pals information.
It is a fun way to get to know the folks on this forum better and give you a chance to have a piece of art work from another member .
You do have to include a small note saying what it is painted on , paint used , airbrush used and any other information you wish to add.

So a lottery for airbrush artist? Right?
You say when it begins and ends. All who wish to join, send a private message.
No one knows what he gets? Only the moderator and I know who gets the picture?
Can one still join?
5x7 (127mm x 177mm), 7x5 (177mm x 127mm) is the US mail format?

So a lottery for airbrush artist? Right?
You say when it begins and ends. All who wish to join, send a private message.
No one knows what he gets? Only the moderator and I know who gets the picture?
Can one still join?
5x7 (127mm x 177mm), 7x5 (177mm x 127mm) is the US mail format?
I am afraid at this time it is too late to get in on this round But I do plan on starting another one in either April or May .
The size was chosen for shipping cost . I send all mine standard US mail which going to place like Germany , Africa only cost be about 4 dollars US at the most.
But we did not want to have something that cost too much money to do ,
Here is a link to the paint pals that have been received so far for this latest round of Paint Pals. http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/paint-pal-6-paintings.12531/

@Micha der Wolf
Paint = Paint
Pal = Friend

paint pal = paint friend

Only thing is you dont know who your friend is until they send you a painting and the painting you make might not be going to them.. its alot like a lottery.. this PP6 was very cool I am thankful I decided to join in on it

Back