What type of lines are these?

D

Daniel D

Hey, just wondering what these lines are called. It's like some robotic type thing or like cyborg. Anyone know where I can get a stencil for them or soemthing?? Or what type of lines they are called?? Thx!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 49
This I would call "Circuit board print", if you opened up the controller and look the electronics plate inside all the processors and stuff are attached to an epoxy printed circuit board that looks just like this although it more likely to be a light brown or green board with copper print, so it has more to do with electronics than robotics;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that was done with a stencil. It will be hard (impossible) to keep a stencil nice and tight with all these curves going on. Also round parts arne't 100% round (some variation in width etc). Looks to me it was just taped off and cut out.

As madbrush said its a circuitboard, just google that if you need some inspiration.

Either as Haasje says or it's hydro dip I would say.
I can't see anyone making any money on doing this with tape and scalpel ..... it would take ages!

What about if they cut it out of mask film on a vinyl cutter? It could have been done like that to save time. I will look into it..

Lee

Either as Haasje says or it's hydro dip I would say.
I can't see anyone making any money on doing this with tape and scalpel ..... it would take ages!

I would probably do this in about ten minutes just using different width tapes and a hole punching tool, I actually have set of hammered hole punching tools I got form my father in law, it was intended for plumbers to make their own washers out of vinyl and rubber although I used to cut the weight saving holes in my balsa model planes.

When I need different width tapes I cut the widths myself out of this tape;
R3789863-01.jpg
This tape is very low tack and is intended for use on glass and doesn't leave a residue, this also makes it ideal Schoelershammer paper, I have a glass table in my studio and simply throw on a few lines of tape and cut it to suit my needs, this tape will happily go around curves with out creasing, one 40mm roll costs €6 but the proper fine line tape 1.5mm costs twice as much and since I am daft but not stupid I refuse to pay that, lol

Edit, I forgot to mention this tape accepts pencil and pen willingly so I also use this to cut out small details like eyes, noses, nostrils and other stuff, it cuts easily on the substrate with very little pressure therefore less risk of damage, certainly less than I always had with frisket which I never ever use anymore, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Most use stripping tape , 1/16 " ,1/8",1/4" and you can find 1/32" in some place.
They may have also used a vinyl mask . But there are a lot of ways to get the effect.

Most use stripping tape , 1/16 " ,1/8",1/4" and you can find 1/32" in some place.
They may have also used a vinyl mask . But there are a lot of ways to get the effect.

And as I my old friend Frank Sinatra would have said "I damn well did it my way", lol

But why does 1/32 of an inch cost twice as much a full inch?:confused: it's like when you buy shoes for $60 and they take half the leather away and call it sandals and then you pay $160 instead, my feeble pea brain can't understand that, lol

I would probably do this in about ten minutes just using different width tapes and a hole punching tool, I actually have set of hammered hole punching tools I got form my father in law, it was intended for plumbers to make their own washers out of vinyl and rubber although I used to cut the weight saving holes in my balsa model planes.

When I need different width tapes I cut the widths myself out of this tape;
View attachment 35111
This tape is very low tack and is intended for use on glass and doesn't leave a residue, this also makes it ideal Schoelershammer paper, I have a glass table in my studio and simply throw on a few lines of tape and cut it to suit my needs, this tape will happily go around curves with out creasing, one 40mm roll costs €6 but the proper fine line tape 1.5mm costs twice as much and since I am daft but not stupid I refuse to pay that, lol

Edit, I forgot to mention this tape accepts pencil and pen willingly so I also use this to cut out small details like eyes, noses, nostrils and other stuff, it cuts easily on the substrate with very little pressure therefore less risk of damage, certainly less than I always had with frisket which I never ever use anymore, lol

Don't suppose you have the tape number to hand?

Don't suppose you have the tape number to hand?

You can find it here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tesa-Precis...1425828829&sr=8-38&keywords=tesa+masking+tape

Or here http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/t/TESA_4439_BLUE_UV_PAPER_MASKING_TAPE/

But shop around around a little, you can usually find it cheaper, you even find it cheaper at Leyland paints or at Crown Trade Centres, I get it here for €6 for 25mm and €7-50 for 40mm, depending on where you are you can 25, 40 or 50mm widths, the advantage of this tape over normal painter crepe tapes is that the paint doesn't creep under it.

You can find it here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tesa-Precision-Outdoor-56250-00000-00-Masking/dp/B0057H6G7W/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&qid=1425828829&sr=8-38&keywords=tesa masking tape

Or here http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/t/TESA_4439_BLUE_UV_PAPER_MASKING_TAPE/

But shop around around a little, you can usually find it cheaper, you even find it cheaper at Leyland paints or at Crown Trade Centres, I get it here for €6 for 25mm and €7-50 for 40mm, depending on where you are you can 25, 40 or 50mm widths, the advantage of this tape over normal painter crepe tapes is that the paint doesn't creep under it.

Cheers Malky

Tried normal masking tape on Bristol paper, no need to say what happened when I peeled that off, another pp hit the bin:(

Is that like frog tape?

No that frog tape stuff has a special substance in it that seems to seal the edges after it has been placed but just another one inventions designed to get as much out of your purse as it possibly can, the average sales rep is going lie through his teeth and tell it's best thing since sliced bread and it's well worth four times the money, but if he doesn't do that his poor kids don't get fed cos he's on a commission.

I have only met one person so far who used the frog tape and he said it didn't feel good and left an even worse feeling residue behind, it would definitely be useless on paper, since we have been using masking tapes with great success since we booted the Romans out of Scotland, I don't see no need for change, as has been said time and time again, if it isn't broke, leave the effing thing alone, lol

Cheers Malky

Tried normal masking tape on Bristol paper, no need to say what happened when I peeled that off, another pp hit the bin:(

Well you can now save all the normal masking tape you have for waxing your privates:eek::eek::eek::evil:

For taping on paper try and get some drafting tape,It's low tack and made for paper and leaves no stickeness behind

Back