what type of paint??

X

Xavier02

Hi i'm new to airbrushing and I wanted to know what type of paint is the best for t-shirts and Sneakers??

Gypsy rose haasje with the all seeing eye has done it again!!! Now can you give me next weeks Lotto numbers please LOL!!!

Hi Xavier, as haasje has said please go to the intro section to say hi, people will want to give you a proper welcome, and if you say where you are from, and what equipment you have (the more specific the better) , and the type of t-shirt painting etc you want to do - i.e classic beach t's, lettering, or more detailed work, it makes it much easier for people to advise you and also recommend good suppliers etc.

For instance the Createx haasje suggested is the standard textile paint, (he is our all seeing, all knowing and talented as hell guru, and knows his onions!!) but needs a lot of psi and a larger nozzle brush. So more info means more specific advice :D

Gypsy rose haasje with the all seeing eye has done it again!!! Now can you give me next weeks Lotto numbers please LOL!!!

I shall only use my powers for good, and I just know you'll use the money to build your evil base on a remote vulcanic island :sus: (and I wouldn't want any competition with that.... o_O world domination is mine MUHAHAHAHA :p)

Really depends on where you live and what your spraying it through.

Createx (Original) thick old formula that only works well with larger nozzles at high psi

Wicked
Good adhesion to about anything, great color selection, but tip dry can be a bitch. (At least in my experience) a great all around paint.

ETAC Private Stock
Great color selection, works well on just about anything, but less tip dry

ETAC TNT
Similar applications to Createx, low cost point and a lot less tip dry.

I'd suggest getting some samples of each and try them out.

I suggest a proper introduction http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
What airbrushes you have ?
What compressor (Tank or tankless)
have you even used an airbrush?
Where on this big old planet you live (just county or state will do)
See What most fail FAIL to understand is that we love to help folks really we do , But it is hard to do with out knowing a few thing first.
Do you just take your car to the mechanic and drop it off with out telling him anything ?
Or go to the doctor and just let him start running random test cause you do not give him any information ?
You see where this is going now don't ya LMAO

So you want to paint t's and kicks . Okay .
Createx = Textile needs a .5 or larger nozzle set up and high PSI somewhere around 60 to make sure you force it into the material. Plus you will need a good way to heat set it after you finish to make it last and hold up.
Wicked = can paint textile , metal , wood ... pretty much anything can run through a .18 (reduced paint) at about 5 PSI

Now if we knew what place you lived in maybe we could suggest places or vendor to go buy this stuff but a last we do not .

I shall only use my powers for good, and I just know you'll use the money to build your evil base on a remote vulcanic island :sus: (and I wouldn't want any competition with that.... o_O world domination is mine MUHAHAHAHA :p)
Then give me the number and it will be everyone choice of detail brushes for all ... I was really going to say Micron's for everyone be Jeff is an H&S kind of guy plus has too many airbrush so I would just pay for his Airbrush addict rehab at Mitch's LOL

Then give me the number and it will be everyone choice of detail brushes for all ... I was really going to say Micron's for everyone be Jeff is an H&S kind of guy plus has too many airbrush so I would just pay for his Airbrush addict rehab at Mitch's LOL
I don't need any more brushes...this week anyway. ;)

I like Iwata, Olympos, and H&S, I'm not picky.

thanks for the response i have a Model G23 Master Airbrush and it came with 0.2 0.3 and 0.5mm Needles and i have a tankless compressor i have not used an air brush it is coming in the mall and i live in Charlotte North Carolina

thanks for the response i have a Model G23 Master Airbrush and it came with 0.2 0.3 and 0.5mm Needles and i have a tankless compressor i have not used an air brush it is coming in the mall and i live in Charlotte North Carolina
Yet still no made in the introduction section of the forum ...LOL
But the tankless compressor will not hold up and work for what you want . Most are rated at 40psi until you pull the trigger then you might get 20 psi out of it while spraying.
Research pays off when starting a new hobby.

I don't need any more brushes...this week anyway. ;)

I like Iwata, Olympos, and H&S, I'm not picky.

And I have just been elected president of Uganda, anyway, I have a brush to clean and then back to oppressing folks:thumbsup:

In my defense, I never really need new Airbrushes, I just buy them anyway.

Quite right too, at least you are very open about your addiction, not like some folks who hide their addictions for years, I've just recently come clean about my chunky kit kat addiction, what used to be a beer belly has turned into a chunky kit kat belly so I couldn't really hide it any more, I go to work and I ask customers if I can have a glass of water and it's just an excuse to check out the cupboards for stashes, I've got chunky kit kats hidden under the sink behind the washing up liquid and bleach, even got them hidden in my computer case, and for emergency purposes I've stuffed a few into the exhaust pipe of may mates van at work, and those skinny bastard "normal kit kats" just don't cut it, it's got to be chunky, I had a chunky kit kat screen saver on my computer but it only made me worse:eek: got rid of that quick and licking my computer screen just wasn't the same:confused::)

Quite right too, at least you are very open about your addiction, not like some folks who hide their addictions for years, I've just recently come clean about my chunky kit kat addiction, what used to be a beer belly has turned into a chunky kit kat belly so I couldn't really hide it any more, I go to work and I ask customers if I can have a glass of water and it's just an excuse to check out the cupboards for stashes, I've got chunky kit kats hidden under the sink behind the washing up liquid and bleach, even got them hidden in my computer case, and for emergency purposes I've stuffed a few into the exhaust pipe of may mates van at work, and those skinny bastard "normal kit kats" just don't cut it, it's got to be chunky, I had a chunky kit kat screen saver on my computer but it only made me worse:eek: got rid of that quick and licking my computer screen just wasn't the same:confused::)

Yeah...I'm like Michael Moore with a box of donuts when it comes to airbrushes. I just can't resist.

Yeah...I'm like Michael Moore with a box of donuts when it comes to airbrushes. I just can't resist.

I can understand that, I have a little confession and this is actually seriously true, I have some kind of thing about boxes and cases, you could even call it a fetish, but if I see beautiful box or case that's unusual I just have to buy it, I bought a metal box that was made for storing CD's, I don't have many CD's so ripped out the envelopes and converted it to take my digital camera, I have bought loads of Zippos just for the different boxes they were in, even bought screwdriver sets and power tools just for the cases, a while back I built my own slide guitar and had even more fun with building a case for it, people I know who smoke cigars give me the boxes they come in especially unusual or highly decorative ones, no matter what kind of box or case it is, I'll always find a use for them, some order a 50th anniversary HP-C and I remember saying I would have bought it just for the box, but the brush was cool too, lol

You can be in charge of the world.....just as long as I say so LOL! I don't want a volcano for my evil lair, I shall just expand the grotty palace that is my gutter, and pay for the eradication of all clowns, destroy any reference to them in all forms of media, and make it as though they had never existed !!!

@Madbrush The chocolate/wafer ratio on a regular KitKat is perfection in confectionary form, and is nectar of the gods. The Chunky is an abomination to chocolate kind and is just all of the kinds of wrong. When I come into power I will give you tough love by making chunky KitKats extinct and thereby forcing you to go cold turkey, and allow you to return to the fold of the righteous, and the glory of the original and best KitKat!

@Madbrush The chocolate/wafer ratio on a regular KitKat is perfection in confectionary form, and is nectar of the gods. The Chunky is an abomination to chocolate kind and is just all of the kinds of wrong. When I come into power I will give you tough love by making chunky KitKats extinct and thereby forcing you to go cold turkey, and allow you to return to the fold of the righteous, and the glory of the original and best KitKat!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yet still no made in the introduction section of the forum ...LOL
But the tankless compressor will not hold up and work for what you want . Most are rated at 40psi until you pull the trigger then you might get 20 psi out of it while spraying.
Research pays off when starting a new hobby.
thanks you saved my from buying the wrong thing i returned the kit i got and i found another kit for the same price with a compressor with a tank all the reviews sound good what do you think?? http://www.harborfreight.com/1-5-hp-58-psi-compressor-and-airbrush-kit-95630.html

Back