What's happen on my rk-1?

Than

Young Tutorling
I use lacquer thinner for this test. I put some thinner in the cup. I press trigger point to handle. Nothing happen. I press and pull trigger outside handle then come back to press trigger point to handle again. There's some thinner sprayed on handle. What's happen about my AB.

I did read your post but didn’t have an answer for you

what happens if you just spray on paper ? I’m wondering if the thinners are evaporating when they hit the metal so it appears it’s not spraying as much ? There’s no logical reason why you wouldn’t get the same amount of spray in both scenarios

it is more or less a shot in the dark from me but if you spray close to a substrate you wont see the paint coming the airbrush but if you spray from a distance you do see it as the spray pattern gets wider
I would say try the same test but with paint as you can see that hit the handle

Today I use arcylic lacquer color for test again. I just press the trigger. Nothing come out. May be I worry too much.

If you have thinner coming out by just pushing down for air, then the needle isn't set far enough in the tip, and/or you have dirt/dry paint in the tip not allowing the needle to seat properly in the tip.....or the spring is weak and not returning the needle to the fullest farthest position....
The way I set my needle to the tip is....with water or cleaner in the cup, and the needle backed away a "hair" ...push down for air only...then gently push the needle into the tip while using a slight twisting movement, then when the liquid stops spraying, tighten the chuck nut...this way you are not ramming the needle into the tip, causing it to flare...and the slight twisting helps the needle to seat evenly. And it also gives a visual on the spray pattern...if it shoots more to one side or not straight out, then I know I have problems...lol
I do this every time I start painting and I can make a tip last a lot longer...lol

Ah! After twoods reply I went back and read your post again, now i understand a little more I think

1.initially you press the trigger and you get nothing.
2.You press and pull trigger and you get spray.
3.Next you press trigger your getting spray when you should only be getting air.

sounds like the nozzle isn’t clean and your needle isn’t seating itself properly.

If you have thinner coming out by just pushing down for air, then the needle isn't set far enough in the tip, and/or you have dirt/dry paint in the tip not allowing the needle to seat properly in the tip.....or the spring is weak and not returning the needle to the fullest farthest position....
The way I set my needle to the tip is....with water or cleaner in the cup, and the needle backed away a "hair" ...push down for air only...then gently push the needle into the tip while using a slight twisting movement, then when the liquid stops spraying, tighten the chuck nut...this way you are not ramming the needle into the tip, causing it to flare...and the slight twisting helps the needle to seat evenly. And it also gives a visual on the spray pattern...if it shoots more to one side or not straight out, then I know I have problems...lol
I do this every time I start painting and I can make a tip last a lot longer...lol
Thank you very much. I’ll try it.

Ah! After twoods reply I went back and read your post again, now i understand a little more I think

1.initially you press the trigger and you get nothing.
2.You press and pull trigger and you get spray.
3.Next you press trigger your getting spray when you should only be getting air.

sounds like the nozzle isn’t clean and your needle isn’t seating itself properly.

I’ ll try again.

Back