When did Paasche discontinue the vjr?

KurtH

Double Actioner
It looks like Paasche has discontinued a few older models in favor of the more modern Talon / Raptor . They still have blemished "V" in their clearance section of their website, and some retailers still have the vjr as a product, but out of stock. This suggests the v and vjr were discontinued fairly recently. Was there a mad rush to grab these models before they went away, or did Paasche quietly discontinued them?

I acquired a used one recently, and I really like it. It is always sad for me to see a old product fade away.

I'm not real sure the VJR made it into the 2000's. They started dumbing down the V, changed the head shape, and did away with the small pre-set wheel in front of the trigger. I find the best of these models are from the 60's and 70's, although I have some V's from the early 40's that work wonderfully.

I remembered the internet wayback machine .. IT allows you to see what a webpage looked like in the past. I figured I could see when the vjr was last on the paasche website.

The Vjr was listed on the paasche website as recently as 2015

https://web.archive.org/web/2015091...nd-accessories/Airbrushes/double-action/vjr-1

Then it was still hanging on as the "NK" or Nail kit as late as 2017.

Kind of interesting to watch the evolution of the paasche product line up.

I've got a VJR and I wish I could buy a new body for it. I've never gotten it to work right.

Back