When To Use createx reducer, transparent base and Illustration base

G

Graywolf

Hi all i was reading about these three types of reducer's and was wondering which one would be the best to use
on which paints? I have the createx Iridescents, wicked detail, wicked opaque,also createx pearl's I haven't gotten
any of the transparent's yet that's next month shopping list. And a Big Thanks in advance.

Hi all i was reading about these three types of reducer's and was wondering which one would be the best to use
on which paints? I have the createx Iridescents, wicked detail, wicked opaque,also createx pearl's I haven't gotten
any of the transparent's yet that's next month shopping list. And a Big Thanks in advance.

i use the wicked reducer on all of my createx and wickded colors, but water works well on the createx and its less expensive.

i use the wicked reducer on all of my createx and wickded colors, but water works well on the createx and its less expensive.
Can i just add a question in there. When using water for reducing these paints is it the same ratios or will it need some trail and error?
Thanks

Can i just add a question in there. When using water for reducing these paints is it the same ratios or will it need some trail and error?
Thanks

well i use the ask that question too alot, but what i realized is it mostly trial and error if you really want to learn, thats what works for me, write down what works best for you and soon it will just be second nature and soon youll just be dropin colors and reducers in your cup without even think bout it

Thanks

even when reducing with Wicked reduce it all depends on a few thing , One the tip size in the AB your using. by that I mean for my CS i can pretty much shoot straight out the bottle For my Micron I usually go at least 1 part paint to 4 parts reducer. And it is the same with water , I do suggest bottle filtered water over tap water unless it is just a total practice piece.

Many swear by a mix of both, a little reducer, bout 30% and make the rest up with water. But saying that it would depend on surface to a big degree or how much you desire to reduce the paint and your need to actually reduce..Reduction of paint is generally only needed if you desire to do fine detail, blowing at higher pressures like for T-Shirting or other porous substrates, generally needs little reducing, straight out of the bottle is in most cases fine, an increase in pressure may serve ya purpose, if you want to spray at lower pressures for finer detail work or really smooth surfaces its then that paint generally needs reduced, and ultimately pending on how fine or lower pressure you wanna go the more reduction that's needed..So ultimately to find what best suits a particular reduction, just play with ya pressure to find its happy place....GL :)

Thanks for all the answer's, when I'm finished with some more projects i'll upload them. Happy Father's Day to all of us dad's

Back