Where do you guys paint?

Psilvers

Young Tutorling
i am pretty new to airbrush work, although I have done a bit. A while ago I moved into a small apartment. The paints I am using are non-toxic ( acrylic, etc). For you folks who live in an apt. And who do this as a hobby, where do you paint? I guess, the real question is where to paint without making an absolute mess!

Thanks.

Pete

I paint in my kitchen with the overhead oven exhaust on. If anything spills on the floor it wipes right up, and the exhaust fan helps with the paint fumes, because even with non toxic paints you still get paint in the air. If you don't believe me blow your nose right after you get done painting and you'll see.

Thanks - that is a good idea! I do know that spray does get in the air, and that is why I was asking the question. The stove area might be good. I was also thinking of putting a small mobile hood in the bathtub.

Just a word of advice about painting in the Kitchen. Put your stuff away while cooking, you would be amazed how much grease gets in in the air when cooking, if it gets on your equipment or painting it could ruin it!
I'm a house husband and I see how much crud builds up on surfaces :cry: (check out the top of your cabinets and you will be amazed!!) :mad:

Just a word of advice about painting in the Kitchen. Put your stuff away while cooking, you would be amazed how much grease gets in in the air when cooking, if it gets on your equipment or painting it could ruin it!
I'm a house husband and I see how much crud builds up on surfaces :cry: (check out the top of your cabinets and you will be amazed!!) :mad:

I am also Mr. Mom. I know what you are saying I never cook when painting.

Back