Where to buy 2k clear coat?

D

Daniel D

Hey, I'm wonderingb if you know of any stores where I could buy a clear coat where I need to mix and spray out of a hlvp gun. Does Napa have it? Or anywhere else?? Or so I need to buy t online?

I used some MasterPro 2k Urethane from O'Reilly's Auto Parts a while back on a Goalie Helmet.
Put it through my HVLP and it turned out pretty slick.

Be VERY careful with that stuff, make sure you take serious lung protection measures, don't get the hardener on your skin. What are you putting it over?

Where abouts are you in the world? There maybe someone close to you that could point you in the right direction, but you can get it pretty easily online too. Or if it's only a small area to be covered maybe something like spraymax could be good. It's 2k in a rattle can, has the activator and mixes in the can - you do pretty much have to use it in one shot though, as it doesn't keep. You will need some good protection while spraying this, proper mask, suit and gloves. It containes cyanides which can be absorbed through the skin as well as inhaling. And make sure you have a safe environment to use it in, i.e, not around your home and family, or near neighbours, animals or near a water system. :)

any auto parts should have it if your in the us. idk about other countries. some you will mix 2 parts clear 1 part hardener and some 4 parts clear and 1 part hardener. just ask what they recommend.
make sure you wear safety protection, and spray in a well ventilated area. as others have said, but that cant be said enough.

Standard 2k was a 2:1 mix. The 4:1 is another common mix ratio used for two pack polyurethanes. The product info will confirm what the correct raio is.

Hey guys!! So I got some. It's Finish 1 by ACME! Any good?? Also, best place to spray?? I was thinkig spraying it outside, putting it in a box and carrying it back inside because is warm inside

Hey guys!! So I got some. It's Finish 1 by ACME! Any good?? Also, best place to spray?? I was thinkig spraying it outside, putting it in a box and carrying it back inside because is warm inside
2k should be sprayed in a proper paint shop. Don't spray it any place you live in. This stuff is not a water based acrylic that is non-toxic. Outside is safer. Make sure you read the safety information and take GOOD QUALITY lung protection and wear eye protection. That means a correct respirator (most commercial operators use supplied air equipment with two pack paints ) not just a dust mask. 2nd part of the paint (hardener) contains di-isocyanates which are particularly toxic. Worth looking them up and understanding what you are dealing with. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isocyanate#Hazards http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/96-111/ I've worked with too many people who's health has suffered because they didn't look after themselves.

Back