Which airbrush do you use?

Which Airbrush Do You Use?

• Total voters
That`s a fine collection we forget sometimes the fine engineering of quality brushes, my last purchase is the Devilbiss Dagr I like the weight, removable cup & the linked trigger coupling. My Patriot Extreem began leaking back through the needle seal so I put the guts into an old Patriot 105 bit of a hybrid but I love the high trigger & get really fine lines. I have an Olympos HP-18 BC & a HP-8C single action, also an Infinity that seems designed for small hands, now I am tempted to shell out for a Iwata Micron but which one ? any advise greatly appreciated........

That`s a fine collection we forget sometimes the fine engineering of quality brushes, my last purchase is the Devilbiss Dagr I like the weight, removable cup & the linked trigger coupling. My Patriot Extreem began leaking back through the needle seal so I put the guts into an old Patriot 105 bit of a hybrid but I love the high trigger & get really fine lines. I have an Olympos HP-18 BC & a HP-8C single action, also an Infinity that seems designed for small hands, now I am tempted to shell out for a Iwata Micron but which one ? any advise greatly appreciated........
Most will say the CM-SB is the pinnacle, but even though I use mine everyday (with a larger 1/4 oz. Cup), my first, and #1 is still the CM-C+. A little less finicky, larger gravity cup, and can't rave enough about built in MAC valves, which unlike other companies implantation (cough Badger) that seems like an after thought, and just a screw restricting the main air channel. The iwata MAC has a tapered piston going into a chamber that really allows for more precise control.

I've used a Binks Wren model B for the last 40 plus years. It isn't one on the poll. I build plastic scale models and the Wren has been my go to for that and the occasional motorcycle helmet. I also use a Paasche VL to do T-Shirts.

Iwata HP-CS, Iwata Hi-Line HP-BH, and Mr Hobby Procon PS-270 and while PS-270 costs half of HP-BH, it appears to perform better in my hands. I wish Mr Hobby was making something with smaller cup, for it seems all their air brushes come with large cups that are not always desirable. Looking forward to buy either PS-770 or Iwata CM.

The Custom CM SB is a fantastic brush purchased one last week.My other brush is the CM C Plus but since buying the SB not used the CM C.Once you pick one up you don’t want to use anything else

Iwata Eclipse HP-CS, Neo for Iwata, Badger Crescendo 175, and a Micron knock off from Masters brand, which I do not really recommend. I have also had a cheap harbor freight brush, which was really terrible.

I have an Iwata Revolution CR and I just snagged a Badger 155 for a sweet price on Fleabay yesterday.

AAD is a terrible disease...
My 1st contact was a badger anthem 155 if I recall...
and an iwata revolution CR

Now AAD has hypnotized me...
cm-c+ v2
cm-sb v2
CS
BCS
CH
TH
hp-B+
lph 80
and ani for clearcoat...

damn you AAD...

AAD is a terrible disease...
My 1st contact was a badger anthem 155 if I recall...
and an iwata revolution CR

Now AAD has hypnotized me...
cm-c+ v2
cm-sb v2
CS
BCS
CH
TH
hp-B+
lph 80
and ani for clearcoat...

damn you AAD...

I'm still blown away with your portraits man.

I'm still blown away with your portraits man.

Thanks man!, very appreciated! But I'm still learning stuff you know and just improving. But dude, I thank you even more cause you're the first who did such a compliment for my work which means that I must be doing something right, right? :);):thumbsup:

Thanks man!, very appreciated! But I'm still learning stuff you know and just improving. But dude, I thank you even more cause you're the first who did such a compliment for my work which means that I must be doing something right, right? :);):thumbsup:

I know guys that been tattooing for 30 years that can't pull off what you. Pure artistry my friend.

Very first airbrush was a Badger 250 when I was a wee fellow and completely hated it. Of course, I had no clue what I was doing. Years later, I bought a Badger Crescedo with three nozzle/needle sizes and it was a whole new world. Used it for years albeit with some issues now and again. Badger customer service is probably the best in the industry, so I was a loyal fan. Added a 360 and was pretty happy with it as well.

I figured I was ready for the "big league," sold my Badgers and bought an Infinity 2-in-1 and then an Infinity CR Plus 2-in-1. I have every needle and nozzle size available for them up to the .6. Sold the first Infinity and tried an Iwata HP-C Plus. Love my Iwata. I still go back and forth between the Ininity and Iwata, but I'm thinking of buying a couple more Iwatas - the HP-B Plus (which I wish I had bought first), maybe an Eclipse HP-CS for primers, and eventually a Custom Micron B v2.

If I had to do it all over, I think I would have bought Iwatas instead of the Infinities. I get more consistent, issue-free use and I think I prefer the feel of Iwata over H&S.

Iwata HP-CS, Iwata Hi-Line HP-BH, and Mr Hobby Procon PS-270 and while PS-270 costs half of HP-BH, it appears to perform better in my hands. I wish Mr Hobby was making something with smaller cup, for it seems all their air brushes come with large cups that are not always desirable. Looking forward to buy either PS-770 or Iwata CM.
Totally agree re the Mr Hobby PS 270 had mine about a month, getting nice lines great price good quality, also tempted by the PS -770 0.18 mm. Would be great to have removable cup sizes.

Back