Which airbrush do you use?

Which Airbrush Do You Use?

• Total voters
I have a paasche talon tg and a no name suction style that i started out with. Planning on getting a badger krome very soon.

Iwata
1 cm-sb micron awesome detail brush love it have not owned it long enough to know more
1 hp-ch converted to .2 my go to work horse usually first or second to have paint loaded in it
2 hp-bcs use them mainly when doing larger jobs (real fire) great air brushes good detail and all around brush
1 hp-b+ on order waiting to come in

Harder & Steenbeck
1 infinity 2 in 1 usually the first or second brush paint gets loaded into fine detail and great ab all around
1 grafo t2 converted .15 Has grown on me lately and is usually the third brush to get paint awesome detail takes a little getting used to with the trigger action
1 evolution bottom feed .4 with silver line handle use it like one of my hp-bcs

Peak
1 c3 got for free from bear air compatible with iwata eclipse parts

Bear air
1 micron c knock off can't get parts for but works ok

Passhe
1 Talon bout to be converted to a mike learn head

Badger
1 anthem 155 first airbrush faith ful work horse for candy coating real fire and back grounds
1 renegade velocity great detail brush for the $$$ might get a chrome down the road cheap parts a big plus

Mac Tools
1 AB480 taiwan iwata wanna be hardly ever try to use

Iwata
1 cm-sb micron awesome detail brush love it have not owned it long enough to know more
1 hp-ch converted to .2 my go to work horse usually first or second to have paint loaded in it
2 hp-bcs use them mainly when doing larger jobs (real fire) great air brushes good detail and all around brush
1 hp-b+ on order waiting to come in

Harder & Steenbeck
1 infinity 2 in 1 usually the first or second brush paint gets loaded into fine detail and great ab all around
1 grafo t2 converted .15 Has grown on me lately and is usually the third brush to get paint awesome detail takes a little getting used to with the trigger action
1 evolution bottom feed .4 with silver line handle use it like one of my hp-bcs

Peak
1 c3 got for free from bear air compatible with iwata eclipse parts

Bear air
1 micron c knock off can't get parts for but works ok

Passhe
1 Talon bout to be converted to a mike learn head

Badger
1 anthem 155 first airbrush faith ful work horse for candy coating real fire and back grounds
1 renegade velocity great detail brush for the $$$ might get a chrome down the road cheap parts a big plus

Mac Tools
1 AB480 taiwan iwata wanna be hardly ever try to use

Damn and i thought i have alot of brushes lol :)

I have 3 Badger 175 Crescendo brushes that have served me well for 10+ years and 1 Iwata HP-BCS that had given me fits but was recently revived and put back in service thanks to advice found here in this forum.

I like the construction and fit and finish of the Iwata a lot and plan to use it a lot more now that it's working correctly again. The Badgers are workhorses. Not pretty, but very dependable and nice general-purpose tools.

One nice thing that can't be overlooked is the service from Badger. You can send a Badger airbrush back to the company and they will refurbish it for no cost regardless of how old it is or where you bought it. I sent all 3 of mine to them at the start of this year and they sent them back to me in perfect working condition. New seals and where needed, new needles and nozzles. It's hard to complain about that!

Iwata Kustom Micron CM, (K9000)
Iwata Kustom Hi-Line CH, (K9100)
Iwata Kustom Hi-Line TH, (K9200)
Iwata Kustom Eclipse CS, (K9300)
Iwata Kustom Revolution TR, (K9400)

Iwata Kustom Micron CM, (K9000)
Iwata Kustom Hi-Line CH, (K9100)
Iwata Kustom Hi-Line TH, (K9200)
Iwata Kustom Eclipse CS, (K9300)
Iwata Kustom Revolution TR, (K9400)
Did you buy the "collection" box ?

H&S Ultra: used on plastic models for primer jobs and base coloring.
H&S Infinity: 2in1 Collecting dust in my drawer, i just don't get along with it, and do not use it at all.
Badger Krome: Best budget detail airbrush on the market i think
IWATA HP-CH: my workhorse
IWATA Custom Micron C-Plus: well if I could have only one this would be it, just love it.

Will buy an IWATA CM-SB as soon as i have saved up the money for it.

Iwata hp-cp .3 my medium to small workhorse
Hs evolution .15 detailer
Badger patriot workhorse for the lil bigger.
Devillbis aerograph sprite needs restauration, but its going to be my relax gun.

Black bull 35fx my dust collecting try out gun, if i don't want to try some painy through my expensive ones its this or my other 2 unbrands.

WOW holley excrement Iwata killed it i like my infinity because it performs well and its reasonably affordable easy to clead change parts goes from .15 to .6 in less thain 60 seconds shoots a finer thain hair line parts are reasonable when i make allot of money on a painting ill get a micron but for now i am actualy thinking aboot getting another infinity this time i want the cr pluss looks pretty

Yes...and I'm loving it.

I already have the cm and the cs and thinking of making the leap this spring to get the box set. Really want to know how you like the TH, I really want that one. If I make the jump I will sell the mine to get some money back, that $1800 dollar price tag is pretty stiff!!

Josh

In the order I use them most:

Iwata Eclipse HP-CS
Iwata Kustom HP-TH
Iwata Micron CM-B
Iwata Custom Micron CM-C plus
Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS
Badger Omni 4000

I already have the cm and the cs and thinking of making the leap this spring to get the box set. Really want to know how you like the TH, I really want that one. If I make the jump I will sell the mine to get some money back, that $1800 dollar price tag is pretty stiff!!

Josh

It's a unique gun indeed and I'm liking it a lot yet surprisingly I seldom used it.
The only application I've used it for so far is touch ups/scratch repairs on vehicles and it is definitely the perfect gun for that.

The $1800 sounds a little much to me. If I remember correctly I've paid just over $1100 for the set.

Last edited:
It's a unique gun indeed and I'm liking it a lot yet surprisingly I seldom used it.
The only application I've used it for so far is touch ups/scratch repairs on vehicles and it is definitely the perfect gun for that.

The $1800 sounds a little much to me. If I remember correctly I've paid just over $1100 for the set.

Where and when did you get it, lol!'

Josh

I bought it back in 09 for $1000 (CAN$1158.30) from spray kings.com. But I just googled them and I think they're not in business anymore.

Cool, thanks. Also think the individual price of each gun has went up since 09. I know the micron went up $200 since.

Josh

That Kustom box set is a really nice set with a really big price tag!! I drool over that one every time I go on the Coast Airbrush site!!!! One day it shall be mine!!!!!!!!!!! Ha!!

Back