Whites turn blue

F

ferry554

Heey Friends!

When i spray white on a black background it's turning blue,
Believe it's a common problem but don't know how to get rid of it,

Hi Ferry, this is indeed a common problem, it is called blue shift. You can help get around it by adding a tiny bit of orange to your white.

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!!
See you make awesome arts with your airbrush!! Hope to become good enough for spraying tanks and everything in the future

You'll be painting those tanks in no time ferry! With the good people here to help out, and some time to practice, you will amaze yourself! Pop on over to the introductions section on the homepage, and say hi. Let us know what equipment you have, what kind of things you like to paint etc. Folks will want to officially welcome you, a real bunch of good eggs here :)

ferry554- you must be a pretty sharp one. A lot of people don't ever really notice the blue-shift problem until it's pointed out to them. Or they try skin tones. lol.

The blue-shift happens any time you spray a lighter opaque color over a darker color. The easiest way to avoid it is to work from light to dark, but on black paper, that's not really an option.

Adding the orange works because they're complimentary colors, so the orange "kills" the blue. However, the color you end up with is more a light grey than a pure white. 99.999% of the time, that's fine, though. It's just something to be aware of.

OK Thanks again for some good advice!! Adding orange to it wouldn't have crossed my mind,
And thanks for thinking i m a sharp one, i would like to agree of course xD

Back