Who knows how to brush this...

F

ferry554

Hellow friends

http://www.airbrushforum.org/data/photos/l/3/3394-1382006927-8d8ebf4b1e9c6bfbcb3f7715d144b7a8.jpg

I was looking on the site and saw this cool piece of work and wanted to make it myself.
But i don't think i m able to make it yet, do i need a primar for spraying on metal?
Or will sanding it with a fine paper do the job as a preatret.
And i also wander how to make the small curly lines, is that done with a liner or something.
Can anybody explain how i can make this, that would make me a very happy person!!

Greetings Fer

@ferry554
If the object you are going to work on already is clearcoated generaly just sanding it should be sufficient. You can check after sanding by painting a small piece of the object and put some tape on it. If you can remove the tape without damaging the paint you should be fine to work on it.

Having had a closeup look at that picture I seriously doubt an airbrush has been anywhere near it. I think it has all been done by pinstriping the letters aswell as the curly lines.

If I where to do this one I'd mask of the text (preferably using a plotter). The thin lines can easily be done by using a moltow pen (pen you can fill with paint). But this is because I can't pinstripe if my life depended on it :)

Heey haasje, we kunnen op Nederlands overgaan xD

Die lijntjes zijn niet te airbrushen denk ik he, dat krijg je niet uit een film gesneden natuurlijk.
Ik heb wel eens van pinstriping gehoord maar weet er niet veel van, dat zou dus ideaal zijn voor zo'n werk.
Eerst een witte achtergrond spuiten dacht ik ook en dan letters erop en met zwart eroverheen.
Hoe lang moet ik het laten drogen wanneer ik het wit spuit?? Ik krijg een soort van krijtachtige laag waar je
met het grootste gemak krasjes in kunt maken.
Ik gebruik dekkend wit van Schminke...

Bedankt voor de vorige hulpvolle reactie!

I've taken the liberty of putting your photo here so everyone can easily see it,.

There are two or three ways you could do this, which you choose will depend on your own particular skills.

You can do it just Haasje described above, and for the same reasons he mentions.

I personally have a sign-writing/lettering background, looking at this example, I think the lettering has been done by brush, although I'm not sure if the original artist had such experience going by the unevenness of the lettering, but cool just the same, anyway, I would spray the canister the desired colour, I would then mask of in order to spray the black label, I would then apply both the lettering and the scrolls by brush after marking these out of course, I would then apply some low tack tape above and under the label and using my airbrush apply the shading, and the job is jobbed, lol

Another way, is the same as I've described above except, instead of brushing in the letters, apply some low tack tape or frisket in the appropriate place and carefully draw on and cut out the letters and scrolls and hit the lot with your airbrush.

Hope this helps

3394-1382006927-8d8ebf4b1e9c6bfbcb3f7715d144b7a8.jpg

Die lijntjes zijn niet te airbrushen denk ik he, dat krijg je niet uit een film gesneden natuurlijk.
Ik heb wel eens van pinstriping gehoord maar weet er niet veel van, dat zou dus ideaal zijn voor zo'n werk.
Eerst een witte achtergrond spuiten dacht ik ook en dan letters erop en met zwart eroverheen.
Hoe lang moet ik het laten drogen wanneer ik het wit spuit?? Ik krijg een soort van krijtachtige laag waar je

Als je de belettering echt wil gaan airbrushen, kanje dan de vorm krijken met behulp van lijn plakband van beide kant van de streepjes, zo zou ik dat doen als het niet kon met een kwaast.:thumbsup:

@ferry554
I'll keep this in English as this is an English forum :)

As you can see with the above replies from madbrush there are several way's to achieve this (I'm only telling you the way I'd go about it but thats ofc with my own limmitations in mind).

I'd paint it black first and than use white for the lettering and lines (as those lines are pretty hard to spare when you go with black over white).

You can, but I wouldn't use schmincke for this as that paint is just not meant for this kind of work (not saying it won't work). I think autoair would be a better choice if you want to use waterbased paints. Generaly speaking it would have to be dry pretty quickly especialy when you heat set it (go over it with hot air)

^ Yup, but I prefer simple and fast instead..Just photocopy the jack daniels Logo in the pic, cut out all the white bits including the full loops, paint ya black base after sanding prepping etc. Lay on that stencil with some magnets and spray away, come back in with some black to refill the black in the loops and also to clean any white underspray..The stencil likely would take longer than the job..good luck and welcome..

Thanks for the elaborate help, i hope to show the end result soon, i think i will do the lines with the tape like you mentioned Madbrush
Yesterday i wanted to make the basecoat, but like "haasje" said i don't think Schmincke is the best choice for such a job.
And i think i need a primar for it cause it wouldn't adhese the way i wanted, not a good coverage..
But thanks for al the tips !!

the cool thing is you can actually fill an extinguisher with whatever you like, water, paint, jack daniels even.... then pressurise it....... SHHHHHOTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Yes ad fez that's a good one xD, might come in handy to brush it so you know what's in it, so you take the suituable extinguisher for the occasion.
It wil light up the room if you use the jack for casualties .

yer dont use jack daniels for trying to put out a fire...... that wont work...... at all!

I just imagined myself with pressurized Jack being punched in the throat with it outta an extinguisher.....Coool LOL

I just imagined myself with pressurized Jack being punched in the throat with it outta an extinguisher.....Coool LOL
your damn straight!!..... you can pressurise them from a compressor also..... just need enough jack to fill it

Back