For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Who will help meee...

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Dimitris, Jun 21, 2018.

1. MarcosD

MarcosD Mac-Valve Maestro!

Yup shipping is always an issue, I paid 66U$ for shipping from coast via USPS priority for a box 20x15x10cm and 500g with needles and nozzles, the only heavy and big thing was a helix eraser and only 40U$ for a 30x25x25cm and 1,5 kg with Atv parts from Ebay, also was USPS priority!!!
    And only 24£ for 50x40x20cm and 2kg from Jacksonsart!! Who knows!!!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
  2. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

Kilsyth, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, Planet Earth
    It's only 5% and not off the postage, and not off items on special offer which is just about everything.

I don't call 5% a discount, I call it "edging closer to an honestprice" I found a local art shop that gave me a little card that gives me 10% off everything I buy in the shop or online, it applies even to items already reduced in price, as well as that, for every £100 I spend I get a voucher for £10 to spend in store, then every 3 months they have a student day which offers 25% in store only, there are thousands of art students around Glasgow and this shop tries to subsidise the cost of their learning but on their shop students days the same offers apply to everyone who shops there on the day.
  3. Malky

The glue is water based and non-flammable, on the ground the bottle is safe but at altitude it can become pressurized so I reckon thats their main concern, I i assume they dont want the plane to skin its arse because the landing gear was glued shut after the glue container burst:)
  4. Malky

Did you find your fibreglass refills too?
  5. Dimitris

Dimitris Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

nope, they didn't had refills... Foxy's seems to be the only solution... I'll keep searching till I get paid...
  6. Malky

I found your refills on Amazon here, let me know if you get fed up searching and I can order them for you, if you want ten sticks that would cost you £15 for 2 packs of 5, I believe that's about €17.

I believe you can find the refills locally but you need to be searching Model shops and Jewellery/Electronics suppliers, these refills are normally used for cleaning jewellery items and electronic circuit boards and crucial contacts so they would be found in the cleaning and abrasives sections of all of the above, they are not airbrush or art specific items so they are hard find in airbrush/art supply shops, I got mine from Foxy but when I order I actually got a 2mm Faber Castle clutch pencil and a pack of "Modelcraft" 2mm fibreglass refills, so two separate items from different brands.

If you still have one of your refills, take along to any jewellers/electronic/computer repair shop and show them it and just ask where they get theirs, they might even get them for you.

But as I said, if all else fails let me know and I'll get you sorted:)
    Dimitris and JackEb like this.
  7. Dimitris

Dimitris Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

I'll start searching monday cause I do got the refill's pack, hopefully I'll figure it out. :thumbsup:
    It's just too damn hot over here :eek::eek:, and july hasn't started yet!:laugh::laugh:
  8. Malky

You should move over here cos I'm freezing my tits off, and everything is easy to findlol
  9. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

10. Malky