why does my iwata hp-BCS look different ?

rob12770

Young Tutorling
hi guys, after looking a many bcs pics online, I dont see any quite like the one I recently picked up 2nd hand, it seems to work fine, the screw on the rear of the handle adjusts how far back the trigger goes thus controlling the paint flow, but im sure you know that :)
the handle itself has no cutout so you cannot see the needle chuck, but it is in there.
my qestion is, why is mine different
. is it ok ?
and what is the purpose of a cutout handle ? why would you loosen the needle chuck ?
thanks Rob
ps thats simon the sphynx having a nibble :)

Attachments

• iwata long shot.jpg
    iwata long shot.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 42
  • iwata simon bite.jpg
    iwata simon bite.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 38
  • iwata different handle.jpg
    iwata different handle.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 37
  • simon undercover.jpg
    simon undercover.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 37
  • iwata hp-bcs.jpg
    iwata hp-bcs.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 41
For starters, your trigger is back to front. The little cut-away on the bottom of the disk must be at the back.

I think the original owner just replaced the handle. Personally I use the cut-away handle more then I use the preset.

well, I just took it apart and reassembled it for the first time so thats explains the backwards trigger :)
can you please axplain the cutaway and non cutaway difference. .
cheers

It is just for cleaning purposes. You can move the chuck back and forth without having to take off the handle. Okay you can do the same with the trigger but it is faster grabbing it by the chuck.

It is just for cleaning purposes. You can move the chuck back and forth without having to take off the handle. Okay you can do the same with the trigger but it is faster grabbing it by the chuck.
oh, I wasn't expecting that answer, I like the preset knob as I use it to keep the flow low as im really bad at controlling it right now as im so new to airbrushing
thanks pal
rob

oh, I wasn't expecting that answer, I like the preset knob as I use it to keep the flow low as im really bad at controlling it right now as im so new to airbrushing
thanks pal
rob

I use to use the that knob on the back too, but the problem is when your doing different things and frequently require more paint or less paint you find yourself constantly adjusting it, it is actually handier to try to practice just pulling the trigger back a little for very little paint and pull back further for more paint, if you restrict the distance your needle travel constantly you also have open it fully to remove minor clogs, so it eventually becomes a pain.

When you run cleaner through your gun it should also be fully open.

Where are you in Glasgow?, I'm from Glasgow too, I was born in Bridgeton and dragged up in Easterhouse, I now live in Holland but most of my family including my sons all live in Kilsyth.

does anyone know why it says DH after japan ?
cheers

That is just their internal code for when it was made. I got 2 guns last year and both started with L and the one I got this week starts with a M. L being the 12th letter and last year was 2012 and M the 13th letter and 2013. But I was told I was wrong. But still a strange coincidence.

That is just their internal code for when it was made. I got 2 guns last year and both started with L and the one I got this week starts with a M. L being the 12th letter and last year was 2012 and M the 13th letter and 2013. But I was told I was wrong. But still a strange coincidence.
oh I see, thankyou :)rob

I use to use the that knob on the back too, but the problem is when your doing different things and frequently require more paint or less paint you find yourself constantly adjusting it, it is actually handier to try to practice just pulling the trigger back a little for very little paint and pull back further for more paint, if you restrict the distance your needle travel constantly you also have open it fully to remove minor clogs, so it eventually becomes a pain.

When you run cleaner through your gun it should also be fully open.

Where are you in Glasgow?, I'm from Glasgow too, I was born in Bridgeton and dragged up in Easterhouse, I now live in Holland but most of my family including my sons all live in Kilsyth.
I hear what your saying about the gun..sorry, brush ..I think it could be handy when doing fine detail or sketching out etc, I quite like it..thing is its good to have the option, after all I don't need to use it at all. I have been living in glasgow 4 years, I we are in Anniesland, my girl is from here, im from Edinburgh originaly :)

It is definitely handy to have. On my micron I set it as a precaution not to over shoot and not as a guide.

I'm not a fan at all of the preset as I am constantly doing "clearing blasts", esp. with white.

Also, do the hot glue trigger mod ASAP. One of the best tricks I've seen, anywhere!!

I'm not a fan at all of the preset as I am constantly doing "clearing blasts", esp. with white.

Also, do the hot glue trigger mod ASAP. One of the best tricks I've seen, anywhere!!
i do cleahing blasts too, i just unscrew, it takes hardly any thing to open, maybe half a turn, to disable the preset, whats the hot glue mod ?
cheers

i do cleahing blasts too, i just unscrew, it takes hardly any thing to open, maybe half a turn, to disable the preset, whats the hot glue mod ?
cheers

The hot glue mod is simply modifying your trigger by putting on a blob of hot on top of the trigger to make it taller, a lot of people find this gives them more control and makes them less trigger happy, lol

The hot glue mod is simply modifying your trigger by putting on a blob of hot on top of the trigger to make it taller, a lot of people find this gives them more control and makes them less trigger happy, lol
ok mate, makes sense. .
cheers rob

Back