wicked colors and auto air colors?

J

jbzr

What painting use for paint in motorcycle?
1. Wicked Colors?
2. Auto air Colors?

which of the two?

Others will chime in. But as far as I know either will work fine. I am looking into it myself. Seems almost more a color option thing at this point. Which brand has the colors you want. AA has more effect colors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I used the AA on a helmet and on a set of hood scoops worked good for me. On the scoops I used adhesion promoter first.

Now there are some differences that should be noted. AA works very well out of an hvlp. They were designed for overall paint jobs with some graphics. Now Wicked is a much finer detail oriented paint. So you could use the AA for the base coat and large graphics etc. or bling and stuff. But use the wicked for your detail work and the fine graphics.
I have used AA and Wicked on the same bike. And I hear that the new ultra reducer that createx has is awesome stuff!

Too add on what BG said wicked detail has a finer ground pigment which makes it more airbrush friendly especially when using a smaller nozzle

If you want to paint more than just motorcycles, Wicked is very versatile and can be used on many different surfaces.

This thread is great.. thanks for the info! I was wondering what paints I should use for fine detail and general basecoating...

This thread is great.. thanks for the info! I was wondering what paints I should use for fine detail and general basecoating...

Agreed with what everyone has said. The only thing I would point out, is that Wicked can be a bit finicky for some people... ok... me.... LOL

Seriously though, if you can get the reductions and air pressures working right, Wicked is a great paint. I always seem to have problems with it, but it could just be me. I use, mainly E'tac, but their color palette is somewhat limited, so I do use a couple of the Wicked colors, just so I don't have to do as much mixing, but for me, there is a big difference in how E'tac and Wicked spray. It just gets me frustrated.

Having said that, just look at some of the amazing work on this forum from people using 100% Wicked paints. Its great stuff, but I just don't find it quite as friendly as some of the others. Can't wait to see your work though. Get some pics up when you can.

Back