Wicked Colors beads up on painted sheetrock wall...

K

kevinbrown

Hi, I was wondering, why if I use Wicked colors, when I spray it on a wall thats painted, does it bubble up and not cover good.. Is it the wall or something to do with the paint.. I have reduced it, and I can use the regular createx colors, and they work fine.. It only happens when I use the Wicked brand paints... Im kind of new to all of this, but I have no problem like I said with the cheaper paints... Thanks for any help...

Might be the coating on the wall. have you scuffed the area to make sure it is grease and wax free?
Some cleaning supplies folks use on their walls can have an oil or wax base.

Createx gave that particular issue some fancy name, but I forget what they called it. But, yes, it is a known issue with Wicked and Wicked Detail paints. The new "Illustration" reducer is supposed to correct the problem.

The problems occures when a combination of over-reducing and over-applying the paint happens. You can try reducing less (I rarely reduce Wicked over 15-20%, at most), or spraying lighter coats. Or try the new reducer (I have some, just haven't had a chance to test it out yet)

Of course, this is all assuming that the surface is properly prepped and cleaned. If not, that'd be the first place to start.

i agree with all the above,must be a problem with preparations on the wall.sometimes acrylic waterbased wall paints don´t get along with oil based paints,means waterbased loves waterbased,and oil based loves oil based.

Sorry guys. Like I said I'm new here and I thought maybe I would have gotten email replies that someone had replied to my post. I finally got the paint to stick but it took like 5 coats of each color. I tried it with out reducer and it did the same thing so I guess its the paint on the wall. I also scuffed it to no avail. Next time I guess I'll paint a cheaper acrylic undercoat to what I'm painting.

Sorry guys. Like I said I'm new here and I thought maybe I would have gotten email replies that someone had replied to my post. I finally got the paint to stick but it took like 5 coats of each color. I tried it with out reducer and it did the same thing so I guess its the paint on the wall. I also scuffed it to no avail. Next time I guess I'll paint a cheaper acrylic undercoat to what I'm painting.

Kevin, if you go to any decorators supply shop, they sell a substance to combat the effects of silicone on water based and oil based paints, although silicone might not be the problem the solution does promote adhesion in difficult situations, generally there is no silicone in normal wall paints, but some stone products do contain silicone as a natural mineral.

If you find the stuff, a very tiny drop in your paint will cure your problem, normally the medium is universal, meaning you can put it in water or oil based paints, here in Holland, there is one for each.

Yep, it's called sugar soap. TSP will do the same thing.

I wonder if a clean with TSP, then an application of liquid sandpaper would be a good idea, I dis this to some trim when painting my den and it worked great, but that was latex gloss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back