Wicked colors mixing chart

M

Mr.Shark

Hi all, I've purchased a wicked primary set and since I'm a beginner I'm clueless on how to mix colors (Blue, Yellow, Red, Black & White) to
create a desired color. Does someone know is there a sort of mixing chart or something like that??
I need to make these 2 colors (from the picture: dark red(main color) and brown-red)
So can anyone at least guide me on how to create these colors, I've been mixing and constantly keep making a dark red-purple.
Untitled-1.jpg

I'm painting my knee guards to match by color and design my helmet.
Thx:tyrannosaurus:

At any airbrush supply store you can by a "colour wheel" which is easy to read and you can see at a glance what you need to mix to achieve specific colours

Here is a typical example, front and back;

View attachment 2187 View attachment 2188

There are also various video tutorials on youtube explaining how to mix colours.

Hope this helps

And the helmet design looks cool.

P.S. you may copy these photos, however they wont help you because 1 half of the real wheel revolves to show what colours you need to mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very helpful post there madbrush.
Your right, the spinning ability stopped me getting a good copy.
CAn you sorta take it apart and post the individual copies....nah, just put it in the post to me yeah :)

Very helpful post there madbrush.
Your right, the spinning ability stopped me getting a good copy.
CAn you sorta take it apart and post the individual copies....nah, just put it in the post to me yeah :)

I would be more than happy to help, but it would take about 200 separate photos, and the thing only costs about 2 or 3 £'s, I got mine free cos I have one of those faces.

At any airbrush supply store you can by a "colour wheel" which is easy to read and you can see at a glance what you need to mix to achieve specific colours

Here is a typical example, front and back;

There are also various video tutorials on youtube explaining how to mix colours.

Hope this helps

And the helmet design looks cool.

Madbrush thx a lot, I'll look up on internet and try to find my self a pocket color wheel to buy.
I was searching some for a "Wicked color wheel chart" and had no luck- dumb:shame:.

That's a Kali Avatar helmet for downhill. I'll try to match my knee guards to my helmet. That's gonna be my first serious airbrush project. :adoration:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway can you guys post some of you mixing ratios, when you're creating some colors (exp. blue:yellow= orange...)

Watch the skin tones video and the wood texture video. Might be able to get the brown from one of those. I ended up buying brown, I had a hard time mixing that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyway can you guys post some of you mixing ratios, when you're creating some colors (exp. blue:yellow= orange...)
Blue and Yellow make Orange??? all this time I thought I was mixing green. So that would mean red and yellow makes green now I am confused......

Watch the skin tones video and the wood texture video. Might be able to get the brown from one of those. I ended up buying brown, I had a hard time mixing that as well. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Brown I use when I mix it is 4 drops Orange to 1 Drop Blue,. For a light brown flesh tone I will add white to that mix until I get the shade I am looking for.
But I also spray a lot of color and write down what I have mixed to get that color in case I want to mix it again.
But two complementary colors mixed will make a brown. So Green + Red = Brown Green being the lighter color you would start by adding at least 4 drops of it than add in the darker color. Yellow + Violet =Brown same thing on mixing that too I was taught to always start with the lighter color first so you only have to add a little of the darker ones.

Hi all, I've purchased a wicked primary set and since I'm a beginner I'm clueless on how to mix colors (Blue, Yellow, Red, Black & White) to
create a desired color. Does someone know is there a sort of mixing chart or something like that??
I need to make these 2 colors (from the picture: dark red(main color) and brown-red)
So can anyone at least guide me on how to create these colors, I've been mixing and constantly keep making a dark red-purple.
View attachment 2186

I'm painting my knee guards to match by color and design my helmet.
Thx:tyrannosaurus:

As far as mixing the dark red I would start with 6 drops red and that put one drop black on to a sheet of paper and just use a paint brush to add very small bits to that red until you have reached the darkness you are looking for.
As far as the brownish red mix 4 parts green to 1 part red to make the brown than start adding red in small amounts until you reach the desired color. Being you do not have Green Mix 4 parts Yellow than add blue until you get a nice rich green.

You can go to the trident website and download a color mixing guide, hey it's not wicked but blue is blue, and red is red and you have to play with it till you get the desired color, use this chart together with the color wheel is a good start to understand colors and ratio's and saves you a ton of paint in the wrong color.

The Brown I use when I mix it is 4 drops Orange to 1 Drop Blue,. For a light brown flesh tone I will add white to that mix until I get the shade I am looking for.
But I also spray a lot of color and write down what I have mixed to get that color in case I want to mix it again.
But two complementary colors mixed will make a brown. So Green + Red = Brown Green being the lighter color you would start by adding at least 4 drops of it than add in the darker color. Yellow + Violet =Brown same thing on mixing that too I was taught to always start with the lighter color first so you only have to add a little of the darker ones.

Thanks for sharing that with us.
I need to start writing down your tips.....and then my future mixes.

Blue and Yellow make Orange??? all this time I thought I was mixing green. So that would mean red and yellow makes green now I am confused......

I apologize, my bad :stupid: hahah
I meant Red:Yellow= Orange and Blue:Yellow= Green

Thx a LOT Mr.Micron :victorious:, I'll write that down, and also start writing my own mixes.

come on now micron, everyone knows that blue and yellow make orange if you left eye is green

You can go to the trident website and download a color mixing guide, hey it's not wicked but blue is blue, and red is red and you have to play with it till you get the desired color, use this chart together with the color wheel is a good start to understand colors and ratio's and saves you a ton of paint in the wrong color.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!
I've been looking for something like this.
Yeah, I'm using Wicked paints as well, but this is excellent!!!!
Thanks for the link
Well, i'd post the link but the forum wont let me until I've got a few posts under my belt.

Back