wicked Paint eraser

P

paulcouk

Hi I am using wicked paint detail colors, on black card
can someone recommend an eraser and where to purchase it from please
Thank you

First off what substrate are you using?
"Black card" can mean a few things.
Erasing can not be done on something like printer paper since the paint is absorbed into the paper instead of sitting on top of it.

Usually a faber-Castell white or pink eraser is used with a 2mm 4mm or 5mm fiberglass "scratch pen" and an electric eraser as well.
Tooth picks, sand paper and many other things can be used to remove paint but only on the right surfaces.

Hi I think your hit it on the head..
the paint is absorbed into the paper instead of sitting on top of it.
that the black card out of the window....I think it prob used for drawing in it
All the eraser you mention dont work
I am beginner
Thank you

Erasing and scratching take a bit of practice to do properly and with the wrong substrate you could wind up with tearing and ripping instead

Hi Thank you for replays
I have tried bristol board, illustration board I am trying Schoeller shammer No 4 that's seems to be working Ive sprayed the paper with a few colors and its seems to be taking it off ..Or may be Im using the wrong eraser
dose any know of a British company selling Dru Blair Synthetic paper
as I have only got createx colors in trans and wicked it may be best to try Dru Blair Synthetic paper
I have read @AndreZA paper test thats amazing very helpful

Go with clayboard it can do everything well. Plus its very cheap if you make your own, i gave the steps to diy in a previous thread.

If you find your paint is erasing to easily on the pressed boards then it's going to be worse on synthetic papers.
Synthetic paper is like working on a hard surface. If you want to see what synthetic are like the spray on a piece of Mylar /plastic and try erasing it......
a gentle hand is needed on synthetics.

Maybe your technique needs tweaking.
Let's go back to the beginning.
You're using wicked detail. But it's erasing to easily on your boards
What 'board'
What eraser?

Another factor in your issues is that wicked doesnt have the erasing capabilities as other lines such as Etac Efx, Createx illustration and a few others. Erasing is kind of like a system that you put together with types of erasers for certain things, substrate, and paint that conforms to your painting style. Erasing is a whole different animal in itself. Ive found being able to layer your erasing as well will help create certain textures and highlights in the process of your painting.

Ive found that using posterboard is my ticket for how i paint with erasing, and using Etac Efx with fabercastell pencil erasers. The posterboard has a sort of laminated side to it so it doesnt soak up the paint and it erases pretty well. Its cheap and you can get big sheets and cut them down for more. Just my 2 cents. Just speaking from my experience and hope this helps sparks some thoughts!

Another factor in your issues is that wicked doesnt have the erasing capabilities as other lines such as Etac Efx, Createx illustration and a few others. Erasing is kind of like a system that you put together with types of erasers for certain things, substrate, and paint that conforms to your painting style. Erasing is a whole different animal in itself. Ive found being able to layer your erasing as well will help create certain textures and highlights in the process of your painting.

Ive found that using posterboard is my ticket for how i paint with erasing, and using Etac Efx with fabercastell pencil erasers. The posterboard has a sort of laminated side to it so it doesnt soak up the paint and it erases pretty well. Its cheap and you can get big sheets and cut them down for more. Just my 2 cents. Just speaking from my experience and hope this helps sparks some thoughts!

I agree 100%. You have to either adapt your supplies to do what you want to do or adapt to what your supplies can do.

.....Ive found that using posterboard is my ticket for how i paint with erasing, and using Etac Efx with fabercastell pencil erasers. The posterboard has a sort of laminated side to it so it doesnt soak up the paint and it erases pretty well. Its cheap and you can get big sheets and cut them down for more. Just my 2 cents. Just speaking from my experience and hope this helps sparks some thoughts!

Unfortunately posterboard in the UK is not the same thing as you discribe VR :(, not that I've been able to find anyway.

Synthetic paper is hard to get here too. You can get the Lana Vanguard paper, it comes in a pad of 10 sheets for £12.00. I am testing some at the moment, but so far erasing is a bit all or nothing using Wicked paints. And scratching isn't as clean as I would like. But I am still learning it so that may be me. My fave surface by a country mile is either claybord, or metal panels, but i do prefer a hard surface. Claybord works out pretty expensive which is why people make their own, metal panels are relatively cheap, but need prep.

You might also try photo paper that you use in your printer. Again it almost erases too easily, but is a cheap alternative. It is possible to take the gloss coating off if you get too aggressive, but I've used it in a pinch with pretty good results.

With Wicked colors I would suggest to do like Steve Driscoll does. He paints on canvas and reduces his Wicked down sometimes to 75% reducer. Then for erasing he will use a Dremal tip on the end of a Helix electric eraser. You just have to be gentle so you don't destroy the canvas. He also uses the pen type erasers. I only suggest this way because of using Wicked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

Back