wicked paint removal

MeeshellMP

Goddess Queen of carts
Have any ideas how to remove wicked colors paint? Dont want to sand away if i dont have to.:mad-new:
Michele

it would help we knew what it was on, metal panel, bike tank or canvas for example, if it's one paper or board that would be almost impossible.

You could simply sand away any raised edges and prime over it.

Plastic Gold cart body. I got interrupted a CRAP load of times..and messed up..dont like it.. prolly just gonna have to wet sand the sucker down..AGAIN! lol

Plastic Gold cart body. I got interrupted a CRAP load of times..and messed up..dont like it.. prolly just gonna have to wet sand the sucker down..AGAIN! lol

That rules out chemical paint removers, thinners or even heat guns, your only option is as I mentioned above, if you want it off completely, you need to just keep sanding I'm afraid.

If you have not heat set it , Soap and Warm water.. works great.

Yeah, gonna have to start over. He had me Ab american Flag theme, the front cowel is Awsome! The back half (flag) turned out like donkey poop. He's a paying customer with more jobs for me, so..if I dont like it, im not gonna try to sell it off to him. Wet sander, here I come lol

If you have not heat set it , Soap and Warm water.. works great.

Nice one Herb, that had escaped my mind, I haven't used wicked before and thought it had lay for a long time and was maybe cured.

It cured lol..oh well, I started wet sanding it..now it has a weathered look. I might be able to get away with not having to sand entire thing, and re tape, and mask the sucker..my bad, my mistakes, first to admit it lol . Thanks anyhoo guys!

I've used alcohol before, it tends to take the wicked off in layers. Won't affect the urethanes at all. I've used it on a q-tip and with a rag.

to be honest, i'd sand, its not a fun job but the alcohol will take wicked off, but it will take a butt load and it will take as long as sanding. After the alcohol u'd need to sand it smooth and u'd be faster just sanding.

Back