Wicked woes

I

Impactair

Hey everyone, I am having the common issue with wicked colors. I just set up in the spare room in my house to do some motorcycle parts, helmets etc... I have quite a bit of experience with wicked from painting t-shirts and auto tags, that and spectra TeX were my top picks. I am quickly finding that wicked sucks if you run through anything smaller than .3 tip. My question is, are there any waterborne or low VOC or other types of water based paints that will have good adhesion and are safe to spray indoors. I just cannot seem to find that magic ratio, and even when I get close the tip dry is insane. I just want a good quality paint that can be cleared without issues. Also, how many of you keep wicked reduced beyond the recommended pot life? I used to do it all the time with t-shirts, but now it seems to give me a lot more chunk spittin' issues.

I only use Etac paints for everything , on hard surface I use the PS range in combination with the AG 2050 and it is perfectly safe to use indoors

I'll have to give it a shot. They were giving away samples of private stock a few yrs ago and I got the pink and a TNT colo . Can't remember what that was. I was impressed on t shirts, just too pricey for me at the time. Life is harder now that I can't just crank up the air pressure to make up for thicker paint.

Thanks, that does provide some good info. I picked up a bottle of transparent base and that has helped quite a bit. It seems like I can reduce less and gain more control over color build. I have been working on a helmet for a couple months now and I hope that I won't have any issues when it comes time to clear. I have heard that wicked can be left open for a while but it has made me nervous.

Back