will this work?

Nope, I'm not going to do anything on the new. But I would like to destroy that old one with that stupid raccord (somewhere it was witten as nipple?!)
I did found the dimensions 1/4" x 1/4" x 60

Nope, I'm not going to do anything on the new. But I would like to destroy that old one with that stupid raccord (somewhere it was witten as nipple?!)
I did found the dimensions 1/4" x 1/4" x 60
I already heard about nipple but not when people talked about air compressor :D

google that word and click on images tab :D

I take it you are talking about the long hex shaped shaft bolt thing? If so, can you not gently heat it (careful of other surrounding parts), that should then allow you to free it easier I think.

Sometimes there's nothing you can really do about those times if they are stuck hard enough.
Just have to accept that it may break, but it can be replaced with any brass pipe nipple the right length if it does.

Personally I'd probably try and loosen the pressure switch first.
Then once it's loose I'd probably try muriatic acid on the end in the tank ( only bc I have it around)
And then not really care if it breaks off in the tank when i put a pipe wrench on it bc it's about a $3 part that you can get at any hardware store.

If it were something that really critically just had to be saved I'd use baking soda, water, a metal handle brush and a battery to electrically clean the rust out

Last edited:
Always take photographs when messing with wires !!!!

That hex pipe, its not got a left hand thread at one end has it?? Try unscrewing from the compressor side. It may be left handed into the receiver, Check with a bolt on the new one if you can.. Holding the hex connector with a spanner/wrench , can you unscrew the part that is attached above it with the pressure switch attached?
Worse case scenario, cut it in half unscrew from the compressor and get a replacement, it will almost certainly be a standard thread which you can buy from the compressor manufacturer.

Lee

Last edited:
you're right jord, I usually keep notes, but it was the excitement to hear it working! :D
Searched a bit some manufacturer's pdf i found in net but no electricals. :(

Lucky for me, a modeller's got the same compressor and guided me with the process.
He's a craftsman and has made a stainless steel air-tank for his, very cool stuff!
Next time I'll visit him, I'll take a pic.
No worries for corrosion.

Anyways, got a brand new compressor and ready to put on work;)

fff.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how did you get the hex bolt out?

Lee

In order to detach the compressor wires from the on/off unit
1.jpg

Unscrew the bolts sideways on the on/off cover and take it off.
You don't have to take off the on/off button.
2.jpg

Unscrew and take off wires
3a.jpg 3b.jpg

Unscrew the hex pipe? and pull it out. pull gently that plastic ring, it holds the wires together and at the same time it keeps resistance to the hex pipe. And pull them out!
4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

P.S. This is something I haven't seen

diagram.jpg

@Robbyrockett2 I'm newbie in these stuff!

Back