Winsor & Newton Galeria

D

donec

Has anyone tried thinning and using Winsor & Newton Galeria acrylic paint in an airbrush?

Yes I have done it actually I have with whole set of Windsor and newton of inks and paints.you need to thin it at least 4 to 1.that's because it will produce dry tip very quickly and its a little heavy so you'll end up working at a higher pressure making detail very difficult.but its a great paint,the whole Windsor & Newton set,I do recommend it,to begin with,its basically an illustrator medium,and for that com art is better.also they are cheaper which doesn't mean it is bad.

Hope this helps.

can be done but there a pain in the ass. If you are new use com-art for airbrush (a bottle of black will take you thru more practice than you want but needLOL)or ink or even food coloring works

Glad to here Winsor & Newton Galeria will work, as I have quite a lot of it on hand, especially when talking about airbrushing as it seems to take very little paint to airbrush compared to conventional brushing.

Some of you have mentioned com art. Which is better for a beginer Com Art or Wicked?

Wicked will do everything you want it to do, metal, canvas, paper, etc so its great for that, also not badly priced per millilitre.....sprays lovely once you find the sweet spot for your kit but this its a little trial and error early on......tip dries like b-hatch though under normal reduction of say 3-1, you have to reduce it like 10-1 to eliminate tip dry...... Com art is a great paint for beginners from what I have heard but I havnt used it myself.....

I don't mean to say I'm any better than a beginner, I just mean I started with wicked as it would do what I want.....and was easily available

I use wicked and AA for everything BUT practice and warmup. I use com-art for that. You can throw it in a .18 and up and just paint.. And AD I am saying you are lol SOOOOO almost all paints have there place . enough out of me
Have fun KO

i have both w&n and comart,i´ll recommend it (w&n) to start if you are planning to be an illustrator or working with illustrator material,illustration cardboard or simply paper.but as adfez says wicked can do a lot of more surfaces(actually i have not tried it)but a lot of people here has,so you can ask them about how it works.another thing is that com art is a very versatile paint if you have both transparent and opaque,since in combination they can give you some interesting textures,but again they are limited in the surfaces to work with.all depends what kind of airbrusher you want to be!!!

experiment and watch the jobs people here are doing so to make your mind!!!

hope this helps!!!

Back