wiring for 2 fridge motors please

T

tontmcgrath

hi long time away sorry was ill i am building a diy compressor wit h 2 fridge motors anybody let me where i can get a wiring diagram for setting up the 2 motors what size CAP ect have 1 motor awating another hope any of u guys can help thank u tony

That is beyond me I'm afraid :( There are a few guys around who have built there own, hopefully they will come and help out. In the mean time if you type fridge motor or DIY compressor into the search it may throw up some old threads which may (?) help.

Google? LOL..Not something I would suggest to do or at least do so carefully, gather the components and give it to the old sparkie down the road, he'll probably charge you $80 to do so cause its finally a job to enjoy tinkering with. That way it will be done right and safely, at least electrical wise. Sorry I just think it easier to buy one than die LOL but also don't discourage people playing with whatever they want, its their life and if you have the skills go for it. There is heaps of threads around with diagrams and the like of builds peeps have done, no doubt you'll find something easy enough.

Hello Tony
I put one together awhile back. I used a cap for each compressor and just ran a hot wire and neutral from both to my main line coming in and wire nutted they together. Just make sure the line wire size is big enough the handle the amps from compressors. Be sure to connect the grounds together also...
Hope this helps. I didn't have a wiring diagram, But I have been in Maintenance for way to long. I have mine in a closet and to only thing I hear is when the tank is full and in shuts down. They are great. Mine fills up the 15 gallon tank from 0 to 106 psi in 3 minutes......

I have to agree with Rebel on this one . While I have training in the electrical field and do a lot by myself when I have doubt I go to someone who does it daily and knows it better then me.
But then again on my silent-air compressor I bought it the SA-50 model and is has been working daily for 12 years now .
But dual motors have to be matched to work correctly .

Hello Tony
I put one together awhile back. I used a cap for each compressor and just ran a hot wire and neutral from both to my main line coming in and wire nutted they together. Just make sure the line wire size is big enough the handle the amps from compressors. Be sure to connect the grounds together also...
Hope this helps. I didn't have a wiring diagram, But I have been in Maintenance for way to long. I have mine in a closet and to only thing I hear is when the tank is full and in shuts down. They are great. Mine fills up the 15 gallon tank from 0 to 106 psi in 3 minutes......
thank u roger i built a couple in the past way way back when about 30 years ago oldest man in the world now so i use caps on both motors and conect to the pressuer switch is that the way thank u tony

thank u roger i built a couple in the past way way back when about 30 years ago oldest man in the world now so i use caps on both motors and conect to the pressuer switch is that the way thank u tony
Yes Tony Run your line in wire though the pressure switch then connect to both caps.

Back