Wolf airbrush - Stencil / Freehand / Paintbrush combination

ignis

Needle-chuck Ninja
I'm not really a fan of stenciling, but I ran into this video in which an excellent combination of stenciling, freehand and paintbrush is very extensively explained. This combination of techniques may be helpful for artists who aren't familiar with the possibilities of stenciling and has the potential to result in beautiful paintings.

At some point he starts dagger stroking (at which he is quite skilled) to which he later adds paintbrush strokes. The dagger strokes effect can also be achieved by spraying over a (flat fanned) brush that you use as a mask by holding it close to the surface and spraying over it. The color mixing and paintbrush techniques are very useful, especially for Createx users.

It is quite a long video, but it contains all you ever wanted to know about combining these techniques. Kudos to this guy for putting together this video and for sharing his techniques.

just saw your work on airbrushdoc. looks good bro, a big congratulations...

Got to love Blake's videos he is a cool dude and one hell of an artist.

yep, i just checked my email and there is a pic you did on there and an article on airbrush forum,,, way to go bro...

I downloaded that video while back. I don't have a problem with that method at all. It's just blocking in, you still need to know what to do. His video on how to modify a skull is also great.

I'm not really a fan of stenciling, but I ran into this video in which an excellent combination of stenciling, freehand and paintbrush is very extensively explained. This combination of techniques may be helpful for artists who aren't familiar with the possibilities of stenciling and has the potential to result in beautiful paintings.

At some point he starts dagger stroking (at which he is quite skilled) to which he later adds paintbrush strokes. The dagger strokes effect can also be achieved by spraying over a (flat fanned) brush that you use as a mask by holding it close to the surface and spraying over it. The color mixing and paintbrush techniques are very useful, especially for Createx users.

It is quite a long video, but it contains all you ever wanted to know about combining these techniques. Kudos to this guy for putting together this video and for sharing his techniques.

Gotta love this guy. He is actually the person that got me started with airbrushing. I was looking for a local artist that I could ask regarding starting up with airbrush and he turns out to be my neighbor. Anyway, long story short, he is a great artist. very talented.

Back