Wood texture

S

silverstar

ehuhugez.jpg

This is a card front , bristol paper . Im happy with my wood grain but what can i do or use to get a rough splintered texture to it ?

Can't is not an excuse .

ehuhugez.jpg

This is a card front , bristol paper . Im happy with my wood grain but what can i do or use to get a rough splintered texture to it ?

Can't is not an excuse .

Erasing , scratching both work well for highlighting and giving different effects to wood grain.
The wood grain looks good.

Thank you , Mr. Micron . I did try erasing but other than smoothing or should i say blending colors for me . I didnt achieve results beyond that . Since it was over reduced the paper wanted to break down . Scratching is a technique i have yet to try .

Can't is not an excuse .

Thank you , Mr. Micron . I did try erasing but other than smoothing or should i say blending colors for me . I didnt achieve results beyond that . Since it was over reduced the paper wanted to break down . Scratching is a technique i have yet to try .

Can't is not an excuse .

If you do much erasing and scratching a heavy paper is recommended. I use hot press illustration board or Schollershammermmer airbrush paper or gessoed Masonite panels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the pictures , i see what the scratching effect can do . Really an awesome piece .

Can't is not an excuse .

What did you use to scratch with ?

Can't is not an excuse .

Back