For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

would like to learn

Discussion in 'What would you like to learn here?' started by cromag, May 1, 2012.

1. cromag

cromag Young Tutorling

first off im lovin this site i would like to learn some dark immage stuff anything morbid n evil looking im a new airbrusher and this is the only site ive been able to find that takes you step by step and really showes from beginning to end i jst wish there were more varity of projects to work on the way he teaches em
  2. ProperlyStained

ProperlyStained Young Tutorling

Hey cromag, as a fellow lover of the macabre, darker side of art...welcome.

What were you hoping to do? One thing I can tell you, is in the beginning, find good pics of what you like and study them. I must have painted hundreds of skulls. One thing I wanted to be good at was fire, the other was the skull. I found as many cool pics as I could and printed them and cut stencils out of the print out. I did them from photos of real skulls, not someones drawing or painting. Other peoples paintings are good for seeing what they thought was important, but I wanted a foundation of realism. After a while, I started to notice general shapes and common things between them. Eventually I found a good Halloween skull so I can take pics from different angles, print them out and again stencil. After doing a good number of them, I needed the cut outs less and less.

All the lessons here work just as well on paintings of creepy things, as they do on anything else. Keep hammering away at the dots lines and daggerstrokes, and keep your eyes open for images you might want to try to paint.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask, if you have any questions.
  3. Seamonkey

Seamonkey Air-Valve Autobot!

Well i was gonna suggest you get to know properly stained to go to the dark side, but he beat me to it!! Lol! You will learn more about airbrushing in general from the tutorials than you can imagine since they are all the essentials to to this. They are simply what you must first learn to get good, as mitch says these are your ABC'S!! Good luck and cant wait to see some pics!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Johnny T. likes this.