would you make a stencil for this

J

jan

the black pattern on this torch? or would you attempt something else? Tape it off? cheers
Jan
430920092-1adq5hm.jpg

Do you want to paint he black or paint the holes? Either one, you can cut a vinyl mask. It's gonna be a pain the remove all the squares are afterwards though. If you gonna paint the holes, try a non-slip mat.

hmmm hadn't thought of that.....paint the holes I guess....ummm maybe paint the background and make a mask of holes? Not sure what you mean by a non slip mat?

cool! I hadnt thought of those :) Many thanks :) way easier than cutting up vinyl :)

hmmm hadn't thought of that.....paint the holes I guess....ummm maybe paint the background and make a mask of holes? Not sure what you mean by a non slip mat?
I have them in my tool box as liners....

cool! I hadnt thought of those :) Many thanks :) way easier than cutting up vinyl :)

It's a rubber mat with holes in it, used to put anywhere where is a a chance of slipping, in baths or showers for example, it is often used to create a carbon fibre effect when airbrushing.

I'd be very carefull with using a mask with a pattern. It's a round object meaning that towards the edges the holes become smaller. Depending on how big you are going to make this it might look wierd/ruin the shape/form when all holes are the same size.

I am redrawing the torch ( again lol ) so I can see how much of the pattern I need....because the torch is cylindrical I amy yet make a vinyl mask

Back