WOW what a reduction

Airbrush Dreams

Air-Valve Autobot!
Played around with some E'Tac AG and water reductions with PS today and The line work I got out of my custom micron C plus were incredible. I used a 3:3:1 ratio. Three water, 3 AG and 1 paint. It was a bit transparent for me but it worked great for fine lines. I was using anywhere between 10 to 20 psi.

Fred
www.airbrush-dreams.com
Keep painting

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370989145.013855.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370989145.013855.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 211
Great Detail Fred, it takes a few coats but boy do you have so much more control when its reduced.

Lovely work.

Lee

Some nice detail Fred, what size is it?
It is the size of the palm of my hand or the diameter of a softball. There is no reference it was just an experiment with different reductions to see which worked the best for me. I should invest in some more and some reduce-air to make my privet stock like Edwards FX.

Fred

It is the size of the palm of my hand or the diameter of a softball. There is no reference it was just an experiment with different reductions to see which worked the best for me. I should invest in some more and some reduce-air to make my privet stock like Edwards FX.

Fred

Wow! great detail for that size

Don't be shy to reduce when working on paper or canvas. It absorbs water so spray away. On metal surfaces you will have problem. It came out great and you will see if you reduce by another drop or two, you can drop pressure to about 5psi. Then you will see how fine you can go and how slowly you can move.

This is fantastic information. I am still at the stage where I am hesitant to reduce quite a bit or to use really low pressures but I find that when I do my control increases greatly. Thanks!

great stuff fred!!!! few questions. I just bought and received the full line up of all Etac Private stock colors and additives, but haven't tried it yet. Ordered it from John (strictly attitude) on his site eastcoastairbrushsupply.com. I haven't got to use it just yet though. was wondering exactly what the AG is and any of the other additives are for. I cant wait to get to using it and hopefully I can this weekend or next week.

great job!!!!i agree completely with andre reduction is the absolute key for reduction and overspray control!!!:angel:

What additives did you get Seamonkey?
I know that the AG is a clear base for making the paint less opaque I have that too and it works great, Gel-E is a thickening agent to make your paints good for paint bush and striping, i think i have some conditon air, i think! which is for stopping tip dry. Let us know what you have so we can help out.

Lee

Last edited:
What additives did you get Seamonkey?
I know that the AG is a clear base for making the paint less opaque I have that too and it works great, Gel-E is a thickening agent to make your paints good for paint bush and striping, i think i have some conditon air, i think! which is for stopping tip dry. Let us know what you have so we can help out.

Lee

Those are the ones I got. When I say I got every color........ I mean every color, lol!! I bought anything they made with private stock on it :)
I'm just really wondering some mixing guidelines just so I don't spend a bit of time playin and waiting paints...... But all that I bought was the 4 oz bottles so I can waist, if new be :)
I have heard nothing but good about etac/grex so I went all out.

Even Yoda had to train to be a Jedi........ I'm just better looking ;)

Ag works god as a flow improver also, just a few drops in a full cup makes paint so slick it flies out of brush, that was using it with wicked also, makes it smell lovely too!

Good job . a good mechanic learns to use his tools in his sleep. keep um comin

Back