Yellow paint

M

msvet68

I am new at this and am painting the plastic structures on my Model Railroad Layout. I am using Iwata COM-ART Opaque paint and I guess yellow takes more than I have figured out thus far to get decent coverage. I have tried Vallejo Air (yellow) the above mentioned com-art and Model Master (which did the best) without a whole lot of luck. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, o I have tried shooting with a Iwata Eclipse 0.35 and a Badger Velocity 0.21 using un-thinned and thinned a little with about the same results.
Thanks

yep, Try priming the piece with white, or a light color, before trying it cover it with Yellow.

For brighter yellow yes, use a white undercoat. For better coverage you’ll need more layers. Even an opaque won’t get ‘full’ colour with only one pass. Multiple light passes rather than one thick layer

Thank you I read somewhere else about priming with white for light colors, learning day by day :)

Try priming with... Nevermind, everybody already got you on this one lol. Everyday is a school day with airbrushing.

The primary colors are always semi-transparent. And yellow is the worst of them all.
A trick that I use as a house painter is to mix the white primer with the color it will be.
For yellow, the primer is light yellow.
For bright red it is pink. I use gray for a deep red color. Blue is the same as red.
Gray under yellow does not work.
You can use white or to cover it faster, light yellow.

Back