Yet another newb

P

Pete-59

Hi I'm Pete I'm just starting out so I'll spend a certain amount of time looking through various threads and then when I've got some, (hopefully), sensible questions I'll start asking them.

The plan is to do custom work on motorbikes, helmets etc. I'm in the process of setting up a custom motorbike business and would like to be able to do my own paintwork, I realise it's going to take time and a lot of practice.

I have done a certain amount of spraying and have sprayed bikes before but only to standard designs so custom airbrushing is going to be a completely new area for me.

Welcome from New Zealand Pete! What part of the world are you in?

Thanks for the welcome :)

As to what part of the world; I'm the the UK specifically Essex about 30 miles north east of London.

Welcome from Australia. Sounds like you've got a fun journey ahead of you

Hi Pete, welcome from another Brit. What equipment do you have so far if any? And what paint system are you thinking of using? I started out learning to AB for similar reasons to you, I wanted to be able to paint mine and my hubs bikes, and there are others around here who also do automotive work, so don't be shy about asking for advice re: kit.

In fact don't be shy about asking anything, there are no stupid questions, and post your practice efforts too - good, bad, or ugly - the advice could posibly save you weeks of trial and error. If you haven't seen them already then http://www.airbrushtutor.com/ register here, go to the tutorials page, and on the left hand side is a whole list of free tutorials, check out the control excercises. These are all the exercises you need to build up muscle memory and develop technique, and are the foundation for everything you will do. (they are still many peoples warm up after years of ABing) then try some of the other tutorials, most people start with the eye. :)

Back