Yupo looks like plastic :D Did I buy the correct one? -.-

Great tips in this thread guys. Well let me elaborate this a little. I was able to get Yupo locally, well actually 45 minuts of fast walking in one direction and 45 minutes of fast walking to my home. Which is great for my health. I try to be active every day once per day for minimum at least 2 hours. So here I get an hour and a half of being active, then I need only 30 minutes of sport to add to be at 2 hours.

The big Pro is cause I don't pay shipping. For 10 Euros I would get 5 big pieces of Yupo and I am able to pick only one if needed.

I think Mr.Micron trick will be very valuable here, I just need to figure out where to get 6k sandpaper. I don't mind sanding.

If I would order some other paper I would need to order much more to be worth it, cause shipping out of my country is usually around 20 bucka, so ordering few pieces is waste of money for me. When I am ordering stuff like that I am trying to order bulk.

It is just new situation for me, first time I will airbrush on paper like you guys use. I was airbrushing on regular fax paper for fun, but this now is something different.

I will use tips from you guys, I am sure they will be very handy.

Edit: I got small 6k pad for scuffing, but I suspect it's to small for paper. I bought those scuffing pads for needle polishing a while ago.

Last edited:
The only problem I ran into. At yupo.
That pieces of paint come off when erasing. (light up something)
My tip is Be patient. When something is too dark. Allow time for the paint to bond to the substrate before erasing.
If you want to go back to white, there is no problem.
Yupo sanding is a good idea and probably solves this problem.

You can use transparent base (AutoAir for eg.) or 4030 as a final coat/varnish.
I forgot to mention Barto, I have 2 bottles of 4030. One is already opened, one I didn't touch. If I remember correctly, 4030 can get hard if it sits to long, so maybe I would be lucky with unopened bottle.

I forgot to mention Barto, I have 2 bottles of 4030. One is already opened, one I didn't touch. If I remember correctly, 4030 can get hard if it sits to long, so maybe I would be lucky with unopened bottle.
You’re right about the 4030, I had two bottles go solid in the bottle. One hadn’t been opened. But that was over a year ago. The recent bottle I tried again has been much better. That’s said I do keep it in a small airtight container that’s made for keeping liquids in the fridge. I put the whole bottle in there to keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I got my 3m scuffing thingy with 6k grid localy. One problem solved. Costed me 8 euros :eek:

The worst part is that the store where I bought scuffing thingy is next to a fast food. And when I went by fast food it was smelling so niceeeeeeeeeeeeee :whistling:

They are selling burek for 2 euros a pop. I could get 4 x burek for that money :cry:

They are selling burek with meat, burek with cheese, burek with potatoes and pizza burek. On some places you can get burek with apples as well.But if you ask people there is only one true burek. Burek with meat.

Now I wanna burek :rolleyes:

Yupo does take some getting used to if you only ever use paper or something like Schollershammer or claybord but once you know how it works you can adjust the way you work to suit.

Lee

I found my prior practice on glass was beneficial in working on non porous surfaces like yupo. You change the way you paint on non absorbent paper. Erasing is less forgiving and can result in going right back to the substrate if underlying paint isn’t full cured

From food to Yupo.
I am just wondering, do you guys spray base color on Yupo, after all it's plastic. So if picture has white stuff I am guessing whites would be weird if you would use Yupo paper white instead of color white which you spray over that plastic white. Or am I missing something? again -.-

Like any surface you preserve your white (don’t put paint on it, leave the area white) once you are finished and you aren’t happy with the shade of white your surface is giving you then you can always paint it in,
OR
Just paint the shade of white you want to begin with, just don’t paint over it

Back